Eldagusto

Who Has the Coolest Real Name?

Donor

Hey it can happen.

I was suprised to get away with Valkyrie Abigail and Gabriel Rosario, but it stuck.

Okay, so that's one hypothesis on how to pronounce Temple's name. I feel like we should have a pool going on how its pronounced.

phonetically.. Well, it starts with a shh sound, like when you shush a baby. then its a long a, like in army, or Arnold. then its just lg (not "luhguh", just an "l", with your tounge at the roof of your mouth, and then a "guh")

So thats sh-A-l-guh.

Donor

Okay...I'm pronouncing this "shaalguh" all one word with no syllables in my head. Is that close?

And you're right, I think my tongue may in fact be in traction now.

Yup, thats about as right as you'll get it without actually hearing me say it and practise lip-syncing with me. Which we could do, if I had your MSN handle.. tongue2.gif

Pius

Jimi Wikman, second person in Sweden with that spelling of Jimi as the swedish version spell Jimmy....My middle name is a secret, but it is an angelic one....

I had my monthers name when I was younger: Andeborg, which translates to spirit castle....

Not so cool perhaps but it fit me somehow....tongue2.gif

I suck again! Go me!

sad.gif

You sucker! tongue2.gif

Still, it was a worthy attempt, and more than most people manage. Most people just have one look at my name and run away screaming.. tongue2.gif

Donor

Oooooo!

Lets try for Boringest!

David Andrew Hall!

Yes, yes. I'm natioanlity mutt but we went with the "caucasian- american-boring" around the time of my birth.

Donor

Jared Andre

I like it because it is not an unknown name but not an overly common one either. And my Middle name is taken from my father.

Donor

My Mother wanted me to be named Zachary Jason... my dad pulled a fast one on her after my C section and I am Justin Michael

Last name omitted :-P

Donor

Well, behindthename.com has this to say about my name:

Bryce: variation of Brice: From the name Bricius, which was probably a Latinized form of a Welsh name meaning "speckled". This was the name of a 5th-century saint, the disciple of Saint Martin of Tours.

Alan: The meaning of this name is not known for certain, though it possibly means either "little rock" or "handsome" in Breton. It was introduced to England by Bretons after the Norman invasion. Famous modern bearers include Alan Shepard, the first American in space and the fifth man to walk on the moon, and Alan Turing, a British mathematician and computer scientist.

Perry: Derived from Old English pyrige "pear tree". A famous bearer of the surname was Matthew Perry, the American naval officer who opened Japan to the West in the 19th century.

So I'm a spotty, but handsome, pear tree. Man... my name SUCKS.

Christina (middle name and last name left out)

Means Christian, and I don't like it except for the fact that I don't run into many other Christinas in the world

I want to name my kids names that my best friend think are dumb.

Daughter: Dympha, the saint of mental illness

Son: Paladin 'Palin' for short tongue2.gif

Donor

The christinas I knw are all fun to be with. so you fit in just right biggrin.gif

I'm boring. Maybe it has to do with being named by my brother (who was four at the time). Shauna Mary Forrister.

Only three people in this world can call me Shauna Mary. so unless you want death, don't try wink2.gif

Though it's a far sight better than what my dad wanted to call me. makes a great internet handle, not so great a first name: Bullet biggrin.gif

Mal: I'm sure Gen will fix your tongue for you.

Beave: ANOTHER DARNED DAVID???? GAH! I'm surrounded!!!

makes me think of a Kids in the Hall skit....

there are some BEAUTIFUL names out there. I'm thinking for my next born son: Ramses Anton. it's weird, but I love it biggrin.gif

Donor

Valentijn Joustra. Universally shortened to Val. Plenty of nicknames, but since those are dutch and don't translate well, sorry!

Due to an obsession at a young age with dinosaurs, my mother had considered renaming me Rhamphyrinchus(sp?). Its a name of a type of pterodactyl and she thought it was a great name. I was frightened at the thought as I could imagine having to spell it in elementary school icon1.gif

If I ever have kids, I am seriously thinking of naming my son Thrache as I have found it to be a truly great name.

Donor

My name is Alex Lefevere, Alex after my great grandmother who was called Alixia. They were first planning on naming me Alexander, but my great grandmother wanted it shorter. So its Alex now.

Lefevere is French for The Smith, or so I'm told (my French sucks).

Curator

My name is pretty boring and average. I have met sooo many people with this name at least the first and middle combination that I have given up on thinking that it is spectacular in any way, but my last name is rather unique.

Crank, and like so many others I have heard all the jokes so none will surprise me.

My first name is Stacey

Donor

I was in my teens before I met another Bryce. Now, I can't hardly swing a cat without hitting one. Also, Ron Howard (Opie) thinks my name is a girl's name. He's wrong though.

Donor

*sings loudly*

These are the Dave's I know, I know, I know

These are the Dave's I know....

I miss Kids in the hall

Christopher Michael Handley

Chris: we all know what it means.. sigh yes I'm another atheist

Michael: yes it gets better, its the name of an angel, it means "who is like god"

Handley: means "at the high wood clearing"

So great name there

Donor

Do you have ANY idea how long i've had that song stuck in my head now!!?!?!?!?!

Donor
The christinas I knw are all fun to be with.  so you fit in just right biggrin.gif

I'm boring.  Maybe it has to do with being named by my brother (who was four at the time).  Shauna Mary Forrister.

Only three people in this world can call me Shauna Mary.  so unless you want death, don't try wink2.gif

Though it's a far sight better than what my dad wanted to call me.  makes a great internet handle, not so great a first name: Bullet biggrin.gif

Mal:  I'm sure Gen will fix your tongue for you.

Beave:  ANOTHER DARNED DAVID????  GAH!  I'm surrounded!!!

there are some BEAUTIFUL names out there.  I'm thinking for my next born son: Ramses Anton.  it's weird, but I love it biggrin.gif

We are generally known as the Dave collective or The Dave's.

Yes, Mr. Adams, my name is indeed Thor! Not only Thor though... that is only the first part of my first name!

My mother wanted to name me Per or Pål or some other silly name that are frequent in the godforsaken hills which she hails from.

My father and my three siblings won over her, due to the love of ancient mythologies and history many in the family share.

So, I was born on a Thursday, which in Norwegian is Torsdag. It was a storm as well.

I was son number two, so they Frenchified the word for "second" in Norwegian. The combination is thus;

Thor André

To Skjalg; I think I might pronounce your name a bit differently, guess its because of your odd dialect tongue2.gif

Another thing I noticed, is that you had a German organ-builder in your family, which is the same as what I got, only that my ancestors was named Haas or something like that and during the 16th century. They put up the first organ in Nidarosdomen, if anyone is interested...

Seriously, when they come from a Knightly family with a name (read; Haas) that means "hare" or "rabbit", I instantly think about it as a bunch of wussies. But since the heraldic symbol got a few kingly crowns on it, they must have managed to do something heroic at a time.

Donor
Christopher Todd.

Christopher is such a horrible name for an atheist.

Christopher Michael Handley

Chris: we all know what it means.. sigh yes I'm another atheist

Michael: yes it gets better, its the name of an angel, it means "who is like god"

Handley: means "at the high wood clearing"

Fornames: Christopher John. - Ack! My Athiesm is so much harder with these. I feel your pain SwordOfSutekh & kris_40000. However I am stuck with these ficticious names.

Sirname: Glew [pronounced "glue]. No jokes, I've heard them all. Actually I'm decended from a Welsh clan of the same name - we even have a mountain of our own - I'm 100% Welsh down the paternal line. The clan got kicked out of Wales in the Dark Ages for "Practicing bad magic" according to my Grandmother. We settled in Yorkshire, then snuck back in when the dust settled. Which I like.

Something I'm kind of proud of but my name sucks mostly.