Krieg

Nephelhim, Malhim, whatthefuckhim?

Donor

I'm a Werewolf player by trade, but I have to admit, Demon has always held a certain fascination for me. I've read through the main book, and then I started browsing this forum, and alot of the terms you're using are confusing the hell out of me. Specifically i'm asking about the Nephelhim and Malhim, but if you want to add any others I certainly won't object :-P.

Donor

Nephilim; The bastard children of Demon and Mortal, resulting in a potent but usually evil abomination. (Not the vampiric werewolf kind). They were hunted down and slain during the War of Wrath, with thier spirits ending up as the first ferrymen at the Earthbound Azrael's command.

Malhim; The loyalist angels of war, fierce and unstoppable. They were a force of wrath whom assaulted the Sebettu with terrible force.

Sheddim; The proper title for a single fallen, counterpoint to an Elohim.

Hope this helps.

Nephilim where the Children of Demons and Humans. They came about in an experiment and required a magical pearl in order to make them. They are thought to be extinct.

Malhim were the new angels built for war. The other angels were made to build, but after the Fallen fell they Malhim came at the end of the war to kick their ass. It was mention once in character in a book that a demon thought that Werewolf ferocity reminded him of Malhim. Since their is so few books out their people generally regard this as a fact. Personally I don't.

I just realized like a week ago I would present my malhim theory on another thread but forgot. tongue2.gif woops.

Donor
It was mention once in character in a book that a demon thought that Werewolf ferocity reminded him of Malhim.  Since their is so few books out their people generally regard this as a fact.  Personally I don't.

I just realized like a week ago I would present my malhim theory on another thread but forgot. tongue2.gif  woops.

It's a suggestion supported by the developper of DtF though icon1.gif

Donor

Malahim were NOT "built"; they surrendered their purposes to the almighty and in return he made them his angels of war such that they might defeat the fallen.

Donor

They were built from the names and the forms of the Elohim who made the sacrifice.

See "The Tragedy of the Malhim" in the Sundered Heavens for more detail.

Donor

Isn't this 'built/not built' stuff just semantics, really? icon1.gif

Yeah. But argue over semantics is what we DO around here.. wink2.gif

Donor

I'm always up for some antics. wink2.gif

Donor

Just make a playful and semi-irrelevent comment, Valtiel... It's alright, you know you want to. wink2.gif

Donor

it's occured to me that almost all of the oWoD lines have so much terminology specific to itself that it's almost impossible to becoe an expert on all of them.

Maybe that's intentional, so that your werewolf character can really BE clueless when discussing vampires..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.