Ali Baba

Ghoststories

If you've seen or experienced something that might have been a ghost or something similar, post it here!

Spooky links are fun as well.

Ok well, last year I lived in the dorm on campus best known for being haunted. The story is that back during the... 20's I think it was, a girl had been raped on the 4th floor by several sailors. No one believed her and she committed suicide either in there or the attic. Anyway, she haunts the 4th floor protecting the girls up there from men that would try to take advantage of them and such, so the stories go. In a lack of a coincidence it's the only dorm on campus where there are any segregated floors at all (the 4th floor is girls only and the 1st floor is guys only).

Anyway, my story with it. Last year I lived on the second floor. I had a friend on the 4th. Particularly when I sorta liked her, I'd have horrible headaches whenever I'd go up there. They'd fade once I was in the stairwell and would be completely gone before I'd make it to the 3rd floor. One time I ignored the headaches and continued hanging out and talking to my friend. Eventually the headaches stopped but I became incredibly itchy. First on my neck, and then it quickly spread to the entierty of my back. It felt like I was being brushed by the scratchiest feather duster imaginable (I don't know why the image of a feather duster comes up, I don't even know if they're scratchy). Again, before I finished getting down to the 3rd floor the feeling was gone. Then there was one time where my friend and I were well, fooling around a little in my room and at a pretty inopportune moment someone was knocking on the door. I go to check, no one's there. We continue. Same timing, a knock on the door, only it was more like someone trying to kick the door down. No one's there. We figure it's best to stop and she went back up to her room, and felt like she was shoved by some force as soon as she opened her door.

Other then that, there have been plenty of times on campus where I've felt like I'm being watched or there's someone there when I don't see anyone. And it's always in specific locations, not a generalized feeling of being watched. Again in that dorm, there were plenty of times it felt like there was someone right by the bunked beds, actually looking through the wall (the other side of the wall was the broom closet) while I was on my computer.

There was a really freaky experience when I was little, but it's easy to write that off as a nightmare, and I'd rather not get into it at the moment.

Wow, that was some really freaky story!

For 11y ago, I walked home from school and should have felt rather happy. It was Friday, and the next week would be winter vacation. But I felt sad, without knowing why. It was like my stomach was knotted, and my eyes was ready to burst.

I remembered that feeling, I had it before. It comes when people I know die.

Then I got home, and recieved the news.

My cousin had died in a car-crash, while I was on my way home.

Another weird story:

A few years ago, I worked with a girl that complained about her apartment. Not because it was ugly or something, it was because weird stuff happened there.

She told me she was sitting, smoking and watching TV. Chllin' out. Suddenly, the ashtray falls to the floor! It was on the middle of the table, and made of stone. Such things just don't fall to the floor!

She talked about temparature going up and down, and lots of other small, but all weird cases.

Since I have a love for all such things, I slept at her couch one night. And that was disturbing!

I dreamt the following, and I still remember it quite clearly:

Two soldiers dressed in German WW2 uniforms, standing over a woman that is crying and holding her child. A newborn baby it seems. Another soldier is standing by the door, sometimes looking out the windows. Keeping watch.

The other two, rip up some floorboards, takes the crying child from the mother's arms and puts it under the floor. They hit it with their rifles until it stops crying and puts the floorboards back over.

Soldiers tell the mother to shut up, or they will do the same with her.

When I woke up, I instantly knew that the speaking soldier was the father of this child. I stared at the place the child was supposed to be buried. Did not rip up the floor, but I wanted too.

I wrote it all down, left the note on the table. Just then, I realized she had hanged a dreamcatcher over me while I was sleeping.

She has not complained about anything there afterwards.

Donor

When I was in primary school there was one particular toilet in the school which had a reputation for being haunted. Why? I don't know.

Anyway I was walking past it one day, I was perhaps 10 metres from the entrance, when suddenly a force started to pull me backwards. I strained with all my might but I kept getting pulled backwards towards the toilets until I yelled. The force ceased as suddenly as it had started and I shot forward like a cork out of a champagne bottle. The memory of that weird event has stayed with me for fifteen years. What the hell actually happened is still a mystery to me.

J

Donor

For a long time when I was young I saw things. One of the most Vivid was the Woman with the Black Coat and the Red Hair. She seemed young and sort of pretty but bitter and angry, always clutching her chest as she coughed and spluttered venomous words and left streaks of red on the walls that I always got blamed for leaving there because there wasn't any such things as ghost and if I ever mentioned it I got a belt to the face. Still I learned to keep quiet and I observed her, I even remember asking why she hurt so much. She would Splutter and reply "Because love hurts kid". It wasn't until we moved that I stopped seeing her. However we moved right next to a Graveyard, it was a very calm and serene place and I always felt safe there. I remember sneaking out of the house late at night to walk through the graveyard and play on the playground in the center of it. I would always stop by one grave to speak to the ladies in white corsets that were always chewing on something and the two were always pleasant and kind even if they smelled like grave dirt and would disappear from time to time but they never once were mean to me. This continued on for years till we moved again and I never saw them again. Every so often when I go to certain places though I'll see something strange and feel odd sensations but I try and pay no mind, unless they want someone to talk to then I am a listening ear and will give them conversation should they desire it.

I remember one time when I was helping my Dad fix something in the yard. I saw what I would later refer to as "the cat that wasn't there." We lived on a farm, and we had a number of semi-feral cats living in our barn. My parents didn't mind them because they kept the rats and mice under control. These cats often ran afoul of traffic on the dirt road that ran by our house, and occasionally one of them would be killed.

I looked up, and there was this cat walking across the yard. I recognized it, by name, and just then I realized that this cat had been killed in the road a few days before. I looked at the cat, the cat looked at me, and then it just sort of turned blurry and vanished. My Dad never saw anything.

I had a very similar experience a couple of years ago at a church where I am the janitor. I was alone in the building, cleaning up. I had just finished cleaning the nursery bathroom, and was now cleaning the nursery itself. A lot of weird stuff goes on in that nursery, let me tell you. Toys turn themselves on. Lights turn themselves off. One time I heard a woman singing in there, only there was no one in there. No one living anyway... So I had just started vacuuming when I looked up, and saw a young woman walk out of the bathroom I had just cleaned. There was absolutely no way she could have gotten in there without me seeing her. Then, much like that cat, she turned blurry and vanished.

Donor

Fun!

Ok, I have one. There's a church out in the country that has a reputation for being haunted since it was the site of a lynching. Oddly the ghost is supposedly female, though a man was hung. When I was thirteen, two friends and I went out there to see for ourselves. The door of the place was open, so we started to go in. At least I did. They took one look and started panicking, dragging me away from the door. The look on their faces was very impressive, genuinely horrified. Of course they could have been acting, but it definately didnt' seem like one and besides, I like to think I saw a ghost by proxy.

Lived in a house where a lot of weird things happened. Bones would fall out of the chimney (only heating was an open fire, and they weren't always bird bones) things would disappear, animals would RUN into the house. Floorboards would creak, you'd see shadows moving in the hallway where the lights were on in another room.

Once was sat with my mother in my room, the light in my room was off, but my mother had left the light in her room on. We heard a creak of the floorboards and looked up, there was a silhouette of a woman, she seemed to look around and then walk down the stairs - each stair creaking in turn, like someone walking slowly.

I woke up a few times in that house after feeling someone sit on my bed - only to see nobody there, the covers would seem 'shaped' if that makes sense (like someone had been sat there a long time) but I simply coudl have fidgeted it I guess.

When we moved in sometimes boxes would move, one box was tipped upside down.

We found out when we moved out the story behind the previous owner. She was a classic crazy cat lady. Our friend was a policemen who had worked the case (briefly, it was abandoned) but his wife wouldn't let him tell us until we moved out what had happened.

The previous owner was found dead in the livingroom, arms outstretched, outlined in tealight candles, completely. No evidence of another person in the house, no explanation of how she died (was put down to natural causes, she was in her seventies) with the house still full of her cats, uncared for.

There is this army surplus store in my town. It’s been closed for a few years now. A friend of mine worked there. It was family owned as far back as the 30’s. The building itself is quite old. It has been a cinema twice, a bar, a grocery store, and a brothel, but not in that order. The thing is that odd stuff would happen there. Sales objects would be neatly moved from one place to another. The ancient looking wood floor would creak as if someone was moving across the store when no sales clerks or customers were moving. Once in a while customers would remark about the helpful old man who directed them toward the coats, or hunting gear, or army surplus. The two sisters knew that their grandfather was still there helping out as he always had.

I think the grocery store closed after he had a heart attack in the late 70’s. He might have checked out of this life, but never out of his beloved store! The lumber baron era building sits disused with a dangerously rotten roof, silently facing the river. You can still look through the large dirty glass windows and see the odd item here or there lying about, but it somehow seems like organized chaos.

Curator

Cool story. I could see that place easily being made into a setting for a Wraith game.

I'm sure I posted about this somewhere not sure if it was this board or not/

But anyways I've always had weird things happen around me. It always felt like somethings been watching me since I was young. I'd hear indistinct whispers while alone, and ocassionally see movement out of the corner of my eye. Only once when I glaced out my bedroom door(which looked out into the basement. (I had a large bedroom no windows, in the basement by choice) I saw someone walk by my door I caught a glimpse of their leg and thinking it was my sister i looked into the basement and saw nothing.

I was afraid but not threatened this was the same "thing" that comferted me when i cried it always felt when I was alone in that room and sad or scared arms were around me holding me.

I was 13 or 14, in that same house I had been moved out of the basement room and brought to one of the upstairs room as I was not trusted to have the room seculded from the household anymore due to a suicide attempt they wanted to be able to keep a better eye on me. Anyways I was home alone one day and trying to sleep in the middle of the day. I woke to my phone ringing, annoyed i answered to hear nothing but static. I *69ed it and it was my phone number. I hung it up and went back to sleep only slightly put off. When the phone woke me again I woke to the last ring if i recall or i was so out of it i dont recall hearing it past the inital ring that woke me. I was frozen. Unable to move, the sunlight still bright in my room, I was awake Wide awake. I heard the mans voice whisper in my ear, one word. My name. I could feel the breath on my ear. The instant after he said that my body unlocked. I was scared. and after that unable to get back to bed till much later.

after that not much else weird happened. We moved to another town, then at 17 I moved in with my boyfriend(now husband), we moved into the apartment we are in now. The first night we were here I woke up sick and cold. I thought i was catching a cold, and went back to bed, when i woke up in the morning I was fine. It happened every night for a week.

One night i rolled over and standing in the doorway by the bathroom was a dark shadow, looking right at me. I felt the arms of something else wrap around me guarding me. The shadow looked mad (again dont ask me how i knew this he had no features i could see i just knew) and he vanished. That shadow had wanted to hurt me I knew it. But that ghost spirit whathaveyou that has been with me since as long i can rememeber would not allow it.

In this same apartment, we found hubby was not liked. He is a "deadspot for the dead" as he put it. (bear in mind we both believe in ghosts fully) Ghosts hate him because around him they cant be here easily. He doesnt know why though. So anyways as a I was saying, this leads to the next event in this house. We are not sure if it was the shadow or my guardian who did this. Both could have legit reasons. My guardian for not liking the way my husband treats me and wanting me safe, or the shadow wantign to get rid of one more thing hindering his movements within the household. Hubby had gone to take out the trash i was sitting on the computer. He comes back i hear the knob jingle but the door didnt open. He yelled though the window for me to unlock the door. I did so and steped back so he could open the door and come in, i saw the knob turn completely but the door didnt open, he was asking on the other side what i was doing and why i was holding the door shut. I grabbed the door my self and pulled it took a few minuets for us to get it open.

He chalked it up to the door sticking from his slamming it by accident but we tested it repeatedly and could not get it to do it again.

Other things in the house have been those indisinct whispers just like when i was younger, and tapping on surfaces within the house.

We still live here though. Apt.13. Creepily enough. I wont tell the block adress in full but the first 2 digits in it are 13 as well.

Needless to say I'm looking foward to getting out of her, the growing feeling of malevolence is offputting and I just want out before that shadow comes for me again.

cause i love a good necro..and I want to put this somewhere(more like feel i need to)

I've been trying to get to bed now for a few hours. But earlier when I tried I felt extremely uneasy, the weight of the room felt heavy and off. Its been awhile since things felt this off in that room. Hubby is away visiting family so my personal talisman for keeping away spirits and ghosts is not here.

Anyways, I was laying in bed reading, trying to quiet my mind, very much enjoying the book, not thinking at all about how uneasy i was in the room. I was startled by a very loud knocking sound against the bathroom door. My bathroom is attached to the bedroom, and out of my own personal habits of not being able to be in a room with the doors open at night. The bathroom door was tightly shut. Scared shitless I refused to leave my bed or even go near that door. I could feel something there and gods help me I didnt like it one bit. So I curled further into my blankets and resumed my reading trying to take my mind off things and hoping i didnt fall asleep till I could see the sun streaming through the window.

Two hours later though, i am now tired as hell. I had to use said bathroom bad and had been putting it off out of fear. The presence i felt was still there. So I called up my courage and went and grabbed my cat from the living room, and carried her to the bathroom setting her down in front of the door.Thats where she did an odd thing I've never seen her do. She looked up at me then back at the door, then arched he back and stood onto her hind legs placing her front paws against the door with a loud meow. She then looked back at me as if to say "well are you going in or not?" So for not wanting to piss off my cat I opened the door and without looking flipped on the lights. Nothing was there. The feeling seemed to vanish as soon as my little rosie did whatever it was she did to that door. But the bedroom still is off... I've taken refuge in my living room, blankets and pillows a makeshift bed in my computer chair. I'm to afraid to go to sleep in that room. Even with my cat..hell i'm kinda scared to go back in as it stands.

The first rays of sunlight are starting to rise and thank the gods for that because I always feel safer with the sun up.

Your story about the bathroom reminded me of one of my own. My wife tells the story about the house that she grew up in, an old farm house somewhere in Iowa. It was a nice enough place, she said, but every time they would turn on the bathroom light, they would hear what sounded like a small child crying. Every time. Her dad was an engineer, and having something going on in his own home which he could not explain absolutely drove him up the wall. So he tried all these different experiments, trying to figure out what was making the sound, but nothing ever worked. Then one day in exasperation after several months of this, he tore out the wiring for the light and made a terrible discovery. The wiring was so faulty that every time they turned on the light, they risked setting fire to the house. Naturally, he repaired the wiring. From that day on, they never heard the crying child again.

She also tells the story about her philandering uncle, who died in his bed and was very attached to it even after that. Her aunt would see him out of the corner of her eye every so often, and objects would be moved and set down in ways that he used to do when he was alive. One day, the aunt went away on a trip, and came back to find the ghost had set himself out the newspaper, and drawn himself a bath (although he had evidently forgotten to drain it when he was done.) When she got rid of the bed, the ghost went with it. They were never sure what became of him after that.

Guest Oldestschool

There was a book in one of the old houses I lived in for a while, every time I opened it it always fell to page 137. And every time I tried to read it my bookmarker was always at that same page when I got back. I never did figure out what that meant, but it was an old copy of Tolstoy's War and Peace.

Here is my latest ghost story, one that is recent and intensely personal to me.

August 26, 2011 - My good friend and nephew Dustin told his goddaughter that he was not feeling well and was going to lie down. The goddaughter went out and ran some errands, and came back to find Dustin had died. At the time, it was suspected that it might be a suicide, but the autopsy confirmed that he'd had a heart attack, possibly a genetic condition or a complication from an accident that he'd had earlier. My wife and I were at a church retreat in the ass end of nowhere, and could only barely get on the cell phone to determine what happened.

Dustin had been going through a rough patch lately, but he seemed to be making strides toward turning his life around. What might have become, we'll never know.

August 31 - the day before Dustin's funeral, and probably about the time when the morgue released his body and sent it for cremation. My wife goes to work a couple hours before I do, so I usually drop her off at work and then go back home, have breakfast, and get ready to go to work myself. I was making breakfast, when I thought I heard a knock at the door. I went to see if there was anyone there. To the eye, the front porch and yard appeared to be empty, but I felt, *felt* but did not see, someone come in. I knew who it was. "Goodbye, Dustin." I said. "I'll miss you." I felt what seemed like a hug, and then the presence was gone.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.