Libra

Why You Should Avoid Buying V5 - Bad News

Curator

http://www.dogwithdice.com/whitewolfaredead/

Going by the reviews, the new v5 of V:tM is not something to write home about. It's pitched towards the mindless modern internet neonazi sorts.

This review declares that White Wolf are even dead to him now. He even recommends you buy 7th ed Call of Cthulhu instead.

Well, not having seen the finished product I find it very hard to judge anything.  However, Vampire has always been a power fantasy. Heck, I remember people from my college days who identified themselves in terms of a Vampire clan or Garou tribe. I mean, I almost thought they really believed they were vampires or werewolves. This was back in the '90s and these were as much adults as I, who plainly knew how ridiculous this was. So I'm not sure that part is new or how much the new edition actually caters to this element.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Random Avenger said:

Well, not having seen the finished product I find it very hard to judge anything.  However, Vampire has always been a power fantasy. Heck, I remember people from my college days who identified themselves in terms of a Vampire clan or Garou tribe. I mean, I almost thought they really believed they were vampires or werewolves. This was back in the '90s and these were as much adults as I, who plainly knew how ridiculous this was. So I'm not sure that part is new or how much the new edition actually caters to this element.

Very much so.

For myself, until I can get the final product and can see what's inside, which I've become much more curious about due to absolutely vicious hostility to it I see, I'll stay cool.

Edited by Gurkhal2

Curator

Let me know when you get to the playable character who's a paedophile.

Curator
Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 12:26 AM, Libra said:

http://www.dogwithdice.com/whitewolfaredead/

Going by the reviews, the new v5 of V:tM is not something to write home about. It's pitched towards the mindless modern internet neonazi sorts.

This review declares that White Wolf are even dead to him now. He even recommends you buy 7th ed Call of Cthulhu instead.

And it looks as if the original post has now been taken down. So, nothing to see here, folks.

We shall all apparently see what all the fuss is about, come July 26th - that being a date I obtained from a very reliable source.

Otherwise, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Libra

Guest eesuoyod

The post was deleted because it came to light at DogWithDice doxxed one of the writers working on V5 and disseminated that information to others as part of a harassment campaign, just FYI.

Curator
Posted (edited)

Further supplemental information - both Onyx Path and, bless them, White Wolf, have released official statements divorcing themselves from anything resembling nazis and fascist apologists.

Here's the post with the links to White Wolf's and Onyx Path's rebuttals to the nazis.

Edited by Libra

2 hours ago, Guest eesuoyod said:

The post was deleted because it came to light at DogWithDice doxxed one of the writers working on V5 and disseminated that information to others as part of a harassment campaign, just FYI.

Thank you for this information.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:05 PM, Guest eesuoyod said:

Looks like somebody has mastered the art of DARVO and gaslighting here but on the contrary it still doesn't change the fact that reality is quite the opposite actually.

Matthew openly collaborated with GamerGaters and it was him that doxxed DogwithDice that lead to him deleting his online presence.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, Libra said:

Further supplemental information - both Onyx Path and, bless them, White Wolf, have released official statements divorcing themselves from anything resembling nazis and fascist apologists.

Here's the post with the links to White Wolf's and Onyx Path's rebuttals to the nazis.

Doesn't mean the case is closed when asking them because look at their communities which are decrying "SJWs", "Political Correctness", and worse of all "Cultural Marxism" which makes up 90% of their comment sections that their communities are irradiated by.

Doesn't look like to me that they're divorced from them but rather greeted them with open arms and allowed to run amok there.

Edited by Blood Lore

On 2018-09-02 at 3:30 AM, Blood Lore said:

Looks like somebody has mastered the art of DARVO and gaslighting here but on the contrary it still doesn't change the fact that reality is quite the opposite actually.

Matthew openly collaborated with GamerGaters and it was him that doxxed DogwithDice that lead to him deleting his online presence.

Doesn't mean the case is closed when asking them because look at their communities which are decrying "SJWs", "Political Correctness", and worse of all "Cultural Marxism" which makes up 90% of their comment sections that their communities are irradiated by.

Doesn't look like to me that they're divorced from them but rather greeted them with open arms and allowed to run amok there.

Lies. Why does it always come down to lies?

Curator

I think everything that needs to be said here has now been said.

Locking down this thread.