zenten

Sales targets for 5e

Donor

What sort of sales targets do you think White Wolf has for 5e, and do you think they can reach them?

Personally it seems like they're expecting at least as much as in Vampire's heyday, and given the market fragmentation these days I don't think that would be a realistic goal.

I got no idea. While the numbers probably won't be as big as its heyday, Vampire is still a popular product. I don't know how much of a cash cow it is, since I have literally not spent money directly on it in years, but I guess anyone can dream.

I hope it sells well but given the very conservative, even reactionary in some cases, nature of the VtM ommmunity I think that it won't sell terrifically well given the changes already announced for it. I really hope it does well though and V5 will release more material but I don't dare to hope.

Donor

I'm hoping the actual edition will be less right wing edge lord than the preview was. But I think even if it does better than V20 that still won't hit their sales targets.

11 hours ago, zenten said:

I'm hoping the actual edition will be less right wing edge lord than the preview was. But I think even if it does better than V20 that still won't hit their sales targets.

Really? Isn't VtM almost per definition a bit edgelordy with all its angst, Jyhad and stuff?

Donor

White Wolf probably just wants to break even with the initial 3 V5 books - licensing is where they will make the real money.

So it could be but they're most likely going for the best sales they can and get as many people onboard as they can find for V5.

At WoD Berlin Lost_Heretic and I were pretty clear to Martin and Tobias was that while sales of V5 may be massive, that they should not use that initial sales number to guide sales numbers on future releases. Fans are fans and will buy a new edition with the WW logo whether they intend to like the game or not. We saw this with VtR 1e. This time round though there is no brick and mortar rpg implosion to point to if sales go south.

Curator

Which means that the fans will have to do their bit to push V5 and to remind people that the game exists and people should give it a try.

And give examples of why.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.