Blythe

Advice on how to run an Anarch chronicle

To anyone reading, thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. Long time ST here, but I find I'm in need of some advice. I've run plenty of Camarilla & Sabbat chronicles (using Revised and V20, typically), but...I've never actually run an Anarch-focused chronicle. Admittedly, I think I'm struggling to get in the right mindset for it, but my RL players are fairly interested in a change of pacing from our usual VtM games, and I think they want to try being Anarchs for a change.  I've been playing VtM for years, and even I'm surprised this is the first time I've ever considered running an Anarch game, but it's what the players want, so I'm willing to take a stab at it!

So could I get some advice or recommendations as to what makes a great Anarch chronicle, and not only that, how to run one from your perspective? (I'm not being more specific here because I really want to know what works for y'all for these types of chronicles & what doesn't, what makes a successful Anarch game--like...what elements best fit in these--successful.) I tend to find picking the brains of other STs and what felt 'awesome' for players elsewhere tends to give me a good idea of what to do whenever I'm at a loss.

I do have some sourcebook stuff for the Anarchs, but I have found it all a bit overwhelming. I was thinking to try to mitigate how overwhelming the whole 'revolution' element is for me that I could try setting an Anarch chronicle in a smaller town? While that might make it harder to feed without notice, I imagine it would also encourage a certain responsible or careful ethos in the PCs. 

Anyways, thoughts? : )

If you and your troupe are willing to do something that goes back into time of the Dark Ages of VtM, I believe there are great story line potential about the original Anarch Revolt which resulted in the Convention of Thorns in 1493 according to White Wolf's history.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.