Mortekai

Anyone still play the old games?

Pius

I hear bloodlines is still "popular", is that true?

Procurator

From what I've heard and seen on a Discord channel, Bloodlines still seems to be going strong. I think there are some players waiting for a newer came to come out, I would love to see one for both PC and consoles.

Donor

Define popular? It has an average player base of about 70 players per month (I'm among them! :D). Redemption isn't doing that well, but it wasn't as much an RPG as a Diablo clone, so I'd say it's fair. If I remember correctly from the last time I tried it, modern graphic cards didn't really understand what this archaic piece of code I tried to run was, so that might be an issue if anyone wants to replay it as well.

I still remember sitting on the bus home from the shopping mall with my copy of Bloodlines, though. Twelve years do pass quick and I have to say, that it is a game that manages to age with some grace.

http://steamcharts.com/app/2600

http://steamcharts.com/app/559680

Curator
On 2/20/2018 at 1:33 PM, Mortekai said:

I hear bloodlines is still "popular", is that true?

I still have it installed. They've actually fixed most of the bugs and streamlined it on Good Old Games, far better than the trainwreck that is the steam release which breaks every time steam auto updates. I still enjoy it just as much these days as back then too. It also makes me super excited about the Apocalypse RPG being developed by Cyanide Studios right now. If they can make it even half as cool as Bloodlines was, with today's technology, then we're in for a Treat. Bloodlines regularly goes down to $5 a pop around holidays like Halloween on GoG too. So sometimes, I'll gift copies to RPG fans who've never heard of it but love other immersive RPG's.

Edited by zeroninja

Pius
4 hours ago, zeroninja said:

I still have it installed. They've actually fixed most of the bugs and streamlined it on Good Old Games, far better than the trainwreck that is the steam release which breaks every time steam auto updates. I still enjoy it just as much these days as back then too. It also makes me super excited about the Apocalypse RPG being developed by Cyanide Studios right now. If they can make it even half as cool as Bloodlines was, with today's technology, then we're in for a Treat. Bloodlines regularly goes down to $5 a pop around holidays like Halloween on GoG too. So sometimes, I'll gift copies to RPG fans who've never heard of it but love other immersive RPG's.

That is not a bad idea...Maybe we should have a give away for Bloodlines for people who have never tried it?

Curator
3 hours ago, Mortekai said:

That is not a bad idea...Maybe we should have a give away for Bloodlines for people who have never tried it?

I like the way you think.

Pius

Let's plan for some giveaways then :)

Donor

I like this line of thinking as well. I also have it installed from GoG. I have my own conflicts of interests with Steam even with thousands of hours playing Fallout 4 and Skyrim. And, yeah popular is a very relative and personal opinion term. Bloodlines is a very popular game in "my" library of games.

humm I am going to have to dig up my old copy from the site I bought it from way back when and see if I can get it running again. 

well I can not longer get my old copy since the site that was holding the information is no longer there. I tried gog and it never installed.. not sure what is going on :(

Procurator

I still have my disc, but play it through Steam more than anything.

Curator
4 hours ago, Jamilla Deveraux said:

well I can not longer get my old copy since the site that was holding the information is no longer there. I tried gog and it never installed.. not sure what is going on :(

Does it give any specific error text when you attempt the install? What OS are you using?

Posted (edited)

its goes to java and then says failed to detect version of the game check to see if it is properly downloaded.  now that I look it apparently was not gog I got the version from.. I will have to go back tehre and get it. 

Edited by Jamilla Deveraux

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.