It is perhaps the most unfortunate side-effect of being a hoary old "grognard" to look around and find that many of the people you once whiled away beloved hours with around the gaming table aren't around any more. Whether by accident, disease, or just the slow decay of time, many beloved friends, many favorite characters have gone... on. I don't  actively game any more, and its recently occurred to me that, even if I should dust off the dice, and somehow could call the band back together, there would be more than a few empty seats. 

Part of me wants to run a tribute game to my fallen comrades, part of me knows I never will. Perhaps I can write a tribute adventure for Vampire or one of the other WOD games for them. Has anybody ever done anything like this? What did you do and how did it work out? 

Not yet, sadly. The group I used to run Vampire for while I was at school is now spread across the globe, and one of them is dead. We keep on talking about doing a catch up and a one off reuniongame, but it's been 18 years now... :( *Feels old*

I know what you mean. I now live 900 miles away from the remaining members of my old group, and two of them, possibly three (this one guy I just don't know what happened to) are dead, including the guy who did most of the player recruitment back in the day. I find myself thinking of those days a lot, and it really bums me out. I'd think about finding a new group but I don't really have the time for gaming any more. I'm lucky to have the time to even look at gaming sites.

Procurator

I have the luxury of abundant free time. Sadly, no tabletop gaming group anymore. *takes a sip of faerie mead for an absent Spikey and an absent Shukura* *sighs*

Though I know we must be parted

As sure as stars are in the sky

I'm gonna see you when it comes to glory

And I'll see you on the other side.

Edited by Random Avenger

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.