Jennifer Fuss

Someone new

Hi,

I found this forum thanks to the "Recommend me cool RPG forums"-thread over at rpg.net.
I am a fan of Vampire and White Wolf from Germany. Born in 1980, female and working as a DBA.
Started back in the day with the third edition, got the V20 as it was released, currently am following up on V5 and what's to come. In between By Night Studio got me to Larp with their new MET:VtM edition. I do still prefer tabletop in general and do like other tabletops as well, like Powered by the Apocalypse games, D&D 5E and Blades in the Dark. I happen to collect every game about playing a character involved in "organized crime" and like to follow crowdfunding projects. I do got a blog: https://teylen.wordpress.com/ which is German, for the most part (some Blades in the Dark reports, V5 articles and crowdfunding collections are in English)

Well, next to RPGs am mostly into the usual stuff. Music, TV shows, movies.
If you got questions or stuff, just shoot ^^

Curator

Welcome to Shadownessence!

We're hoping to get a lot more new people involved, so I hope that I will be making many more greetings posts like this in the near future as interest in Onyx Path Publishing's games continue to experience a resurgence in popularity.

Feel free to contribute to discussions with your ideas, thoughts and so on. I just posted an article on the latest Onyx Path brochure here. This could be a good point to start a discussion.

Donor

Welcome!

Procurator

White Wolf put out World of Darkness: Mafia for the old World of Darkness. It's a bit dated and has a deliberately romanticized view of the mafia, but I like it anyway. Destiny's Price, also by White Wolf, has some information on organized crime, although it's more of a general book about street life. I like it anyway. If you collect real life information on organized crime, I can help with that too, if you're interested. Welcome to the forums! ^^

Curator
5 hours ago, Saint Michael said:

White Wolf put out World of Darkness: Mafia for the old World of Darkness. It's a bit dated and has a deliberately romanticized view of the mafia, but I like it anyway. Destiny's Price, also by White Wolf, has some information on organized crime, although it's more of a general book about street life. I like it anyway. If you collect real life information on organized crime, I can help with that too, if you're interested. Welcome to the forums! ^^

You can simplify this with Merits, such as Allies, Contacts and a Mentor from "the criminal underworld," if you haven't got time for the research. If you're a player, the Storyteller might use the character's background Merits to throw a complication into your game - your Mentor calls, asking you to look after Little Pauley for a few nights, and "Little Pauley" turns out to be a hitman on the run from a botched assassination attempt on a local Don; or your Contact might give you information on a major battle about to go down between two Tier 2 Syndicates in the exact spot where the Prince just declared Elysium, meaning that the coterie could find itself up to its pointy fangs in crazed Tong gang members armed with AK-47s and hopped-up Russian attack dogs toting stolen rocket launchers.