Blood Lore

Is there anyway to get SnE more active again?

While one thing I do realize that SnE would never be as active compared to say the Oynx Path forums but this forum does serve as a good alternative though for whatever reason they may feel though.

Although I do remember of SnE's past and how active it used to be and even had a main site than compared to now where the site just now came out from a long hiatus state after being in a state of decay for so long, so is there any way to restore SnE back to it's former glory or close to it especially is there a way to invite more members here?

Also what restoring the main chat, the image gallery, and such?

Edited by Blood Lore

Procurator

I am talking with @Mortekai concerning setting up a Discord server for SnE. This would allow us all to chat, and even invite others. Also talking about bringing back Nexus: the Dark City as a RP setting for SnE. If we can keep SnE as a resource and interactive site, along with maybe adding something for players.. then it might help bring more activity. It is worth a shot right now at least, otherwise.. we just simply need to push to promote SnE where ever we can. Add it to other forum signatures and even any sort of emails in which are either White Wolf or World of Darkness related. :)

Of course it's also a good idea to have SnE up to date and keeping up with the times since we're no longer in the 2000s early 2010s anymore since time has long passed and changed since the site's hiatus and now the site feels like a Elder coming out of torpor recently...

Edited by Blood Lore

Donor

Discord server link is invalid or expired, Amaranth.

Procurator

Thanks, I will look into it later and handle it.. but a search for SnE on Discord should bring up the server.

Updated the invite, it was marked to not expire.. did the same with this one, hopefully it will continue to work. If not, I might have to contact Discord.

invite: https://discord.gg/99VBVpA

Edited by Amaranth
Information on updating the Discord invite link information.

I think updating the descriptions on the site would help, too. Right now, it's still rooted firmly in the early CCP era of New/Old WoD. NWoD should be renamed to Chronicles of Darkness, OWoD can be renamed World of Darkness, and the White Wolf section might be better served as a shared White Wolf/Onyx Path forum since both publishers are producing content for our favorite games.

Edit: Also, consolidating The Others with Other White Wolf Systems might clean up the forum clutter a bit and keep the non-WoD game forums more consolidated.

Edited by Sahajiya

This might sound heretical, but it might be a good idea to go though threads and subforums, and gut down on the dead wood, clean out the place so it doesn't look as if nothing was happening. Cut down on the subforums until we see enough activity to merit bringing them back, stuff like that. Stuff like the Project Forums (Sorry), or to take an example I just ran across stuff like "the Chantry" (What is that, anyway?) or "the realm of Certamen" in the Ascension subforum.

Get the place back running, THEN reinstate the very specail interest areas. 

Oh, and if we're having subforums for every game line, we need forums for the newer CofD games.

On 01/09/2017 at 7:37 PM, Infernal Teddy said:

This might sound heretical, but it might be a good idea to go though threads and subforums, and gut down on the dead wood, clean out the place so it doesn't look as if nothing was happening. Cut down on the subforums until we see enough activity to merit bringing them back, stuff like that. Stuff like the Project Forums (Sorry), or to take an example I just ran across stuff like "the Chantry" (What is that, anyway?) or "the realm of Certamen" in the Ascension subforum.

Get the place back running, THEN reinstate the very specail interest areas. 

Oh, and if we're having subforums for every game line, we need forums for the newer CofD games.

New here, but piggybacking off of what Infernal Teddy's said here, I'm going to post a new resources thread in the Dark Ages subforum. The current pinned thread is twelve years old. Putting up a new one would breath some (un)life back into that section while providing more up-to-date information.

Procurator
On 9/1/2017 at 11:37 AM, Infernal Teddy said:

This might sound heretical, but it might be a good idea to go though threads and subforums, and gut down on the dead wood, clean out the place so it doesn't look as if nothing was happening.

Not in my forum, thanks. :P I've done that already anyway. mostly with flame wars and non-blue internet trolling.

Curator

You're probably aware that I've been spreading the word about SnE. Today, I brought in some people who thought they'd never see the forum again.

The only way, I believe, to get this place more active is to bring people in, get the old hands to invite in younger gamers, and let the younger members surprise us with their creativity.

I think we're getting there, now. The launch of C20 this week has certainly been a great help.

The place could definitely use some upkeep, no doubt about that. I think before shuttering subforums and deleting/merging threads, updating the forum names should be high priority. If we want to draw a current crowd of WoD fans, having the place look like a relic of the CCP days is not the way to go about it.

Who can update the names of the discussion areas to match current naming conventions? Is that something firmly within Motekai's hands, or can any of the active staff update them?

Curator

Mortekai, and Saint Michael if there is internet access. That's all I know.

Procurator

If I can figure out how the interface works, I can do it. Just PM me. ^^