Sign in to follow this  
Urabyfirst

Need Help in the Kingdom of the Feathered Serpent

Hi all!

I am in need of help with a project over in the Changeling the Dreaming section, and it was suggested to me that I post something here about it.

The project in question is a source book covering the Kingdom of the Feathered Serpent, the changeling lands that include everything from the USA/Mexico border down to the Darian gap in southernmost Panama. I myself am currently in Nicaragua, and have spent time in Honduras before this, and I really want to do the cultures of this part of the world justice.

So what I am seeking is anyone that has spent time in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Panama. I have some contacts from the other countries, but any and all input is welcome. I will also need artists, proof readers, and editors, if any are out there.

I have a lot already, and the more help I have the closer I get to completing this book. If you are interested, please take a look over in the Changeling forum and then PM me if you can help.

I have finally finished chapter one of the book, and would love it if someone could give it a once over for editing. Any and all feedback would be very much appreciated, be it on plot or grammar and writing.

There is also a bit touching on vampire and mage in the story, and would love it if someone could fact-check it for me (for as much as a WoD history has 'facts' ,lol)

oh, and I have a glossary over in the Changeling Projects section. I can;t seem to get it uploaded here, but if you are able to help, you might want to pop over there to download it as well!

Featherd Serpent History.doc

Just wanted to let you know that I've downloaded your file and I'll read it as soon as possible -- tomorrow if I can swing it :) I'm in full-on Changeling mode, so I want to help if I can.

I think you just gave me a point of Glamour. THANK YOU!!!

Procurator

I can't dl it. It's probably my computer though.

Oh jeez, almost forgot about this.  SnE went down right after I downloaded it and printed it out, and was gone when I was ready to comment.  I'm a distractable monkey so I kind of forgot to come back to this :)

I read through and don't have much I can add in terms of content, since I'm neither a native of the area nor a student of the mythology.  I can do copyediting though, once I get past this weekend.  But either way, I really enjoyed reading it.  I'm actually a little biased toward it though, because it actually fits nicely with some of the One World of Darkness notions I have.

I've got a Changeling game on Friday night and my girlfriend's staying through to Sunday afternoon.  I'll try to get you some more detailed feedback Sunday night or Monday, once I've had time to breathe first :D

Oh jeez, almost forgot about this.  SnE went down right after I downloaded it and printed it out, and was gone when I was ready to comment.  I'm a distractable monkey so I kind of forgot to come back to this :)

I read through and don't have much I can add in terms of content, since I'm neither a native of the area nor a student of the mythology.  I can do copyediting though, once I get past this weekend.  But either way, I really enjoyed reading it.  I'm actually a little biased toward it though, because it actually fits nicely with some of the One World of Darkness notions I have.

I've got a Changeling game on Friday night and my girlfriend's staying through to Sunday afternoon.  I'll try to get you some more detailed feedback Sunday night or Monday, once I've had time to breathe first :D

You have made me a VERY happy man. Thank you so much for looking at it, and I'm very excited to hear your thoughts on the editing! I would love to chat about the things you like about the One World by Night approach. I am trying to keep the narrative open to anyone that DOESN'T like that in their games, but I know it is bleeding in a lot since that's how I run my games for the most part.

Chapter two is coming along nicely, btw. I'm working North to South, starting at the US/Mexico border and describing the various kingdoms as I go. I hope to get through it in the next month so I can get to the really fun stuff: the Nahual and new arts, totems, and treasures!

I can't dl it. It's probably my computer though.

Did you ever have any luck downloading the file? If not, I would be happy to email it to you if you would like?

Procurator

emailing would be best. It might take me awhile to read it, but I will do so. Thank you!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this