Sign in to follow this  
Steven wolf

Q and A

Curator

I don't know or I would've replied, sorry man.

Procurator

It's in Time of Thin Blood, page 32. 14th and 15th generation Kindred can create new Disciplines. They are the only ones that can. 13th and above cannot. Does that help? ^^

Procurator

Sure. ^^

Donor

This is my personal take, not necessarily what the rules would state. Right now only 3rd gens and thin bloods can create new Disiciplines, which is usually what the anchor is for bloodlines.

However, we have a fair number of examples of bloodlines that do NOT have a unique discipline. So for creating a bloodline that does NOT have a unique Discipline I'd personally go with having three generations in a row that have something significantly different about them that would lead to new bloodline AND the original founder was 7th Gen or lower. And the bloodline should still clearly be related to the parent clan and does NOT have the unique discipline of another clan as a replacement discipline. So no having a Malkavian bloodline that's Dementation, Auspex, and Vicissitude.

So your bloodline could swap out one of the standard Disciplines for the parent clan for some reason OR have a change in clan flaw that is still clearly related to parent clan flaw, or both.

For example, if you were creating a Tzimisce bloodline you might swap out the current clan flaw for that they can't cross running water (even on a bridge, whatever). It's clearly still related to the being tied to the earth. Or if you have several generations where the potential new childer spend extended time as ghouls, several generations of that might have them swap out one of the parent clan disciplines for Potence instead. (which is more or less what you have with the Giovanni)

But if you want bloodline with cool new unique Discipline, stick with the rules that only thin blood and 3rd gens can make new Disciplines.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this