Von Bredow

Exalted 3rd ed

Curator

So anyone else following the developments? On the KS? Any hopes or fears?

Exalted are was always one of my favourite WW concepts, but its execution often stank. If they get the mechanics right, that would be very cool indeed.

I've been waiting for Exalted 3rd Edition for over 2 years now. As a backer for its KS, I'm more than a little disappointed it's taken so long to release it, especially as other corebooks have been KS'd and released since then, and I'm no longer with the gaming group I would have used it with. One day, we might actually get more coherent rules for that system, but I'm not holding my breath.

Procurator

Hope it has illustrations as Changing Breeds 20 apparently lacked. *pats*

Curator

I've been waiting for Exalted 3rd Edition for over 2 years now. As a backer for its KS, I'm more than a little disappointed it's taken so long to release it, especially as other corebooks have been KS'd and released since then, and I'm no longer with the gaming group I would have used it with. One day, we might actually get more coherent rules for that system, but I'm not holding my breath.

The long wait getting longer hasn't been much, it's agreed by all. That said - there was a gigantic leak - and it does seem they've made some smart choices, judging from reviews of the leak.

I have no doubt that the book is going to be amazing. But the Mage 20 Kickstarter happened the year after the Ex3 Kickstarter, IIRC, and I've already received the PDF of that Mage book and started playing it with my group. If I get my Quintessence Edition M20 book before I even get the PDF of Ex3, I'm probably not going to back other Exalted Kickstarter books.

Update: The Ex3 PDF is being sent to CCP for a final pass! We might actually get to see the PDF before the end of the year!

Update update: I HAVE AN EXALTED 3RD EDITION PDF. IS THIS REAL LIFE? D:

Curator

Is it all you have hoped?

To be honest, I haven't even looked through it yet. I'm running Mage for the group I'm with, so Exalted is the furthest thing from my mind. Still, there's an actual PDF now, over 2 years too late for me to use it with the group I was playing Exalted with, but at least I finally have it.

Curator

*laughs* I hear you and there seem to be quite a few who've moved on. Guess I'll find out when it goes on general release. Not looking forwards to the long wait for all the other Exalt types.

So, what are the opinions on Ex3 so far? I'm still on the fence - I came to Exalted in the 2nd edition, and after hearing that some of the things I liked about 2nd were going to go away, I havn't picked it up yet...

Donor

I like it.  I don't know if I have the capacity to run it though, although I certainly would play it.

I also think it's not playable long term without splats like the Dragonblooded though, and who knows how long that will take.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.