Libra

World of Darkness News from GenCon 2014

Curator

So, then, second editions all around.

WoD Second Edition - News From GenCon 2014

Requiem, Forsaken, Awakening and Lost are all to be released as 2nd Edition, along with the Blue Book. We already have Vampire 2nd: it's called Blood and Smoke.

Furthermore, there seems to be another new title slated for next year, going by the name Beast: the Primordial. No further news on that as yet.

Good. The chronicle setup was confusing as hell for a lot of RPG'ers outside of the WW community. And then there is also the difference between the GMC, which is a campaign book and B&S, which is a setting book. So good move. A move away from the mismanagement of the WoD.

Curator

The official word is that they haven't plans for Hunter, Geist or Mummy yet - but it's pretty inevitable they'll get round to doing them.

As and when they get around to redoing Hunter: the Vigil, I would like to reprise what I did with the core rulebook.

Donor

Pretty awesome.
I suspected they avoided going full "Second Edition" before, because CCP was worried about brand confusion with their MMO game. Now (well, April) that the MMO game is officially canceled, Onyx Path is free to label the changes as a full fledged second edition. And the Gencon audio recording pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

I'm excited. I hope the Second Edition will have enough new material to justify buying it even if one owns GMC. I personally would love to see more fluff in the spirit of the first edition blue book.

Also, I think that the Promethean's Milestone system will benefit much from the overwhole, since it seems that it inspired the GMC treatment of Integrity.

Curator

Pretty awesome.

I suspected they avoided going full "Second Edition" before, because CCP was worried about brand confusion with their MMO game. Now (well, April) that the MMO game is officially canceled, Onyx Path is free to label the changes as a full fledged second edition. And the Gencon audio recording pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

I'm excited. I hope the Second Edition will have enough new material to justify buying it even if one owns GMC. I personally would love to see more fluff in the spirit of the first edition blue book.

Also, I think that the Promethean's Milestone system will benefit much from the overwhole, since it seems that it inspired the GMC treatment of Integrity.

It'll give them a chance to overhaul errors and holes in the GMC rules and Blood and Smoke too.

Donor

Was there something major or critical that needs correction?
I didn't notice anything in reading and I haven't had a chance to use GMC in practice yet.
Did they spelled Malkavians with an O' again by mistake? :P