Joslyn

Beating respect into another PC

playing werewolf tommorow and a new player is joining our group, my problem is the player has decided that he dislikes my character based on what the ST told him about her. Bear in mind the PC has NOT met my PC and thus should noat have an oppinion on the mtter. I'm concerned that this could cause problems, and my ST doesnt seem to care. (He even let the guy play a silent strider which he flat out banned to the rest of us, one of the group wanted to play one and he said no way...)

So if he does upon meeting my character and knowing nothing about her acts like a friggen jerk ass based on out of game knowledge am I allowed in character to beat the living shit out of him till he shows some respect? As the alpha of our pack I have the right to demand respect right?

Or am I just being a bitch?

Donor

since he's joining game later and you presumably have some additional renown, if not a full rank above him, you can just pull out the Litany on him. "Submission to those of higher station." Specifically state it, then thrash him if he doesn't stop being a jerk ass. If that doesn't cut it and he's allegedly part of the pack, treat it as a challenge... and as the one being challenged, you pick the terms. Then thrash him. formally.

If he's NOT part of the pack, pull out "Respect the territory of another". he's not. toss him out of your territory. too bad for plot.

Heh my ST is as dickface and cant explain things properly, as it turns out I discussed a little of the problem with the player before the game started. He NEVER said he would hate my character and has no idea why i was told as such.

In game we had ZERO problems, in fact he worked well with our group. The problems i had last game had little to with the player nad more to do with sheer bordem. (Lupus ahourn stuck in the citty for the entire session, combat specialized and 3 hours of the game were spent looking for things, over an hour was spent while the three other group members tried to plan our attack, of which my stance was "I dont care about generators, secruity systems and cameras, lets just bust in kill them all and destroy everything." But no one would listen to me, they wanted their plan :( I was to worried about causing OOC problems that i didnt try to pull rank IC when honestly i proberly could have. I combat specialized because in every werewolf game we've played in the past our ST friggen filled the game with combat, now for some reason he's toned it down...blegh

Belated reply, but:

It's not enough that you can justify an action ICly. That's not a good reason to do something. Ask if this is conducive to making the game fun, which means both for you and others (since the two tend to be intertwined.)

Social dynamics can be tricky and leaders shouldn't be endlessly permissive of challenges to their authority, but it's not fun for anyone to play a game where the leadership's response to every potential problem is to pull rank and squash the insolent underlings who thought they had free will or something.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.