Libra

The God-Machine Chronicle Is Up On DTRPG!

Curator

The God-Machine Chronicle is available on DriveThruRPG, along with a bonus item - a separate document with just the new rules crunch.

New WoD Rules Update - currently FREE on DriveTheuRPG

The God-Machine Chronicle - Link to DriveThruRPG

The game is almost nine years old, and these are the first major revision to the basic rules, as well as a good long look at the God-Machine as the basis for your mortals WoD game.

Some of the rules are changes - there is a new rule change for Attribute, Skill and Merit points purchase at chargen, for instance. There is a new rule on Specialities as well.

There is a new mechanic, Aspirations; a player can list a short-term and/or long-term goal for their character.

The rules for Vices and Virtues have also changed - your Vice doesn't have to put you at risk any more to gain Willpower, and the Vices and Virtues themselves have changed, no longer based on the Seven Deadly Sins or their Virtuous counterparts. Also, one character's Vice might be another character's Virtue ... and some characters can have two Vices and/or two Virtues ...

Virtues can now be Loving, Humble, Honest etc, and Vices such as Hateful, Deceitful, Arrogant, Cruel or Corrupt.

Morality has been entirely replaced by a new trait called Integrity. There is a new mechanic, Breaking Points, which basically are triggered if a character does something that crosses a line, or endures some incredible experience.

There are other new mechanics, but I haven't had time yet to see them all. Conditions - such as Claimed, Enchanted, Enthralled, Exhausted, Drugged - all-new Experience rules; Beats, completely revised Merits rules, including Merits found in other WoD books and even Hunter: the Vigil. My Trained Observer Merit from Dogs of War has been included here. So has the Small Unit Tactics Merit. :D The Tier system from Hunter: the Vigil is also in here.

The rules changes are profound enough that they are going to be used as the default rules for everything written from this point forwards. You'll most likely see these new rules at play in the new Demon game, and most certainly they turn up in Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicles for Vampire: the Requiem.

Wonder if the new Requiem mechanics will be included in their own separate free supplement?

In any case, the new mechanics represent a comprehensive revision of all of the rules from the old Blue Corebook, especially the Morality mechanic - now Integrity for mortals - and experience and Merits, which have been entirely rewritten completely.

Comments? Thoughts?

Edited by Libra

Just skimmed through the new rules. So far it looks good. The Integrity system looks better than the morality system. It moves away from the biblical morality to a more humanistic morality. The new virtues and vices look good too. More psychological instead of biblical. The new merit description seem more practical, so does the equipment which seems to be as practical as the stuff in Hunter.

Basicly the rules seem more fitting and cohesive for the setting material.

The setting itself I have not seen yet, because I only have the free rules. But it looks like it will be a Cthulhu meets Silent Hill mixture. I like the new rules (they feel more immersive to me), but I am probably going to love the new setting. It is what was always missing from the game. Finally years of complaining seems to be paying off. I still don't know if I should call it canon or plot (or both; they seem related), but I like it. Because there is some plot, there is also is some setting material that is created by that plot. Now there is something to tie a lot of the books together. Some sort of glue. An overarching setting/plot/entity which could be used to tie in the Book of Spirits for example.

Curator

I have the rules update, and just bought the actual main document itself. If I had a game to run, I'd give the players copies of the rules update and keep the God Machine setting part to myself. It pretty much looks as though everyone will ultimately need the rules update portion in conjunction with the Blue Book.

And I seriously can't see Onyx Path going very far down the road without incorporating the new rules into the Blue Book and coming up with a new edition of the Core Rulebook.

Curator

Dear gods ... the tier 3 and 4 level mortal game. O_o

Curator

Curator

Curator

Hello again! I was recently asked to make some Mage the Awakening sheets for use with the God-Machine rules. I thought it sounded cool so I cooked some up.

Hope you like how they turned out. Here are the links:

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MtANWOD/Awakening_GMC_2-Page_Interactive.pdf

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MtANWOD/Awakening_GMC_4-Page_Interactive.pdf

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MtANWOD/Awakening_GMC_BreakingPointsSheet_Interactive.pdf

Enjoy!

Just wondering ...

First I thought the GMC was going to be a default setting. When reading I was thinking it was more of a default campaign book (or chronicle as WW always calls everything by a different name). But now I have come to the conclusion it is a campaign toolkit. It's about the God-Machine, but the setting is adaptable and the stories too.