Sign in to follow this  
Krieg

W20 is out!

Donor

Hello everyone, the Werewolf 20th anniversary edition corebook came out this tuesday. Now that everyone's had a chance to read it, what are your opinions?

Well, it is not out out yet. There is a LOT to edit and correct (look at the Concord section in the history for a strange 'Human won garou and that ended the Impegrium' scenario).

But, from basic player perspective, the return of the Ceilican and Stargazers to the mythos proper is nice. The opening comic and the new signature character Blackpaw is great. And reading through the Breed/auspice/tribe texts, it clearly shows that the blog comments were taken in consideration and things were clarified. The new Gifts are a LOT of fun and very imaginative.

All in all, worth my money.

However, Ron Spencer's work on some of the full page spreads was confusing. The Silver Fang one is the most obvious, as the theme of madness versus nobility was scrapped for a pinup picture of Alberch.

anyone seen it yet? is it worth it as a pdf to someone that has never really grown to love the game?

What does that mean? If you've played WtA before and didn't like it, this book isn't going to change your mind since it's the best of werewolf. If you've never played before...hard to say.

It's a well made PDF, that much is certain.

I echo Shadow Master's answer: It won't change your mind because it is still Werewolf: the Apocalypse. But the pdf is well done, both from a fan and professional point of view.

I like the games I have played in, but never really felt a desire to play again (if that makes sense?) the way I have with other WoD games.

I echo Shadow Master's answer: It won't change your mind because it is still Werewolf: the Apocalypse. But the pdf is well done, both from a fan and professional point of view.

My name's Shaoken; Shadow Master is the user account title.

Donor

It's basically every bit of mechanics relating to the garou that was fit to print. It's a final definitive edition. It is extremely well put together and the production quality of both the artwork and text are above average.

In case you didnt know, the POD of W20 is officially available today. Rejoyce those of us who couldnt get the super special awesome edition.

yay!... now if only those of us who could get the super special awesome editions could actually get our copies. :P

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this