Sign in to follow this  
krowe

From the VtR DevBlog: Predatory Aura

Curator

I didn't want to clutter up Libra's other topic with item-by-item discussions, so...

Knowing Your Own

I think most people started glossing over Predator's Taint after the first few times they used the mechanic in play. Not that it was without merit as a thematic but it just seemed so all-or-nothing. This new rendition as The Predator's Aura is rather a tip of the hat to how most people were portraying the Predator's Taint anyway and it is certainly a better offering. The Lashing Out options is more fitting, in my opinion, and offers more than just figuring out who gets scared away or picks a fight.

My only complaint is that there is no drawback and only costs a Willpower if the Vampire Lashes Out at another Vampire. Personally, if you are stirring your Beast to action then you are risking it slipping its leash, especially given the very useful benefits of successfully applying one of Lashing Out Conditions. I would say that a simple Frenzy check wouldn't be out of the question, to make sure that the Vampire can keep a firm grip on their Beast.

I think most people started glossing over Predator's Taint after the first few times they used the mechanic in play. Not that it was without merit as a thematic but it just seemed so all-or-nothing. This new rendition as The Predator's Aura is rather a tip of the hat to how most people were portraying the Predator's Taint anyway and it is certainly a better offering. The Lashing Out options is more fitting, in my opinion, and offers more than just figuring out who gets scared away or picks a fight.

Agreed. Lashing out is much better.

My only complaint is that there is no drawback and only costs a Willpower if the Vampire Lashes Out at another Vampire. Personally, if you are stirring your Beast to action then you are risking it slipping its leash, especially given the very useful benefits of successfully applying one of Lashing Out Conditions. I would say that a simple Frenzy check wouldn't be out of the question, to make sure that the Vampire can keep a firm grip on their Beast.

Yes that's better. Another complaint is that it doesn't cost anything at all when you use it on mortals. Makes it a bit easy I think.