Sign in to follow this  
fenrislorsrai

What happened when MIR came out of orbit?

Donor

Maybe I missed it in one of the later books, but whatever happened to MIR? It's supposed to be a Black Spiral Caern that lets you hop right to Malfeas without having to first go through rest of the Umbra to an anchorhead.

and if came out of orbit in 2001.

I don't remember seeing anything about the eventual fate of MIR or what happened when it came out of orbit. Did this just not get covered? are the flaming Death Spears in Apocalypse actually Flaming Death MIRs?

If it followed real world at all, it came out of orbit and fell, in pieces, into the ocean. Which probably would have made the Rokea a tad annoyed at it raining chunks of wyrm caern into the deep.

If its not directly mentioned, it does make another possible way to kick off the Apocalypse. Hi, gateway to Malfeas slamming into the ocean in 3...2...1...

Actually, I think this was a largely forgotten plotline. The only thing I can remember getting resolved from Rage Across Russia was the heavy-handed way they killed off Baba Yaga. Of course, it is possible that the Umbral reflection of the Wyrm Caern remained, and now the International Space Station is good and Wyrmy. Or not.

Donor

HMMMMMM. if they totally forgot about doing anything with it, its "fall out of sky" date is roughly around same time as Anthelios appearing. so maybe the eye of the wyrm opens as an anchor to Malfeas burns up on reentry. It's a massive sacrifice that's pretty hard to avert.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this