Sign in to follow this  
Von Bredow

Anyone up for a game?

Curator

What with all the excitement over W20, I'm feeling all giddy and excited and like running.

So I'm proposing - if there's enough interest - to run a game here. The setting will be somewhere around Cali/Arizona/Nevada (I haven't worked out full details yet) and we'll switch to W20 rules when they come out. More details coming if there's interest.

Donor

You know full well that I'm in.

Procurator

I will! ^^

Curator

Well that's a grand start then B)

Ok, more details from me

Garou only PCs

The Sept in question will be a fairly large multi-tribal affair. There will be a number of other Septs/groupings of Garou fairly close, designed to run the whole gamut. If it can be found in America, it can be found here.

The tribal weaknesses rule does not apply

Rage - if I'm honest, I tend towards a fairly lenient stance on Rage, interactions and frenzying - largely because that's what the book seems to point to, and I find other sources of potential tragedy more interesting. Just getting that out there.

I reserve the right to say "A spirit did it" to overcome logical inconsistencies if needs be. I like seeing how WtA and reality interact, but mainly I want to play WtA, and not bend the entire game out of shape.

This is largely meant to be a playground for our ideas. I am open to things, or if people want to play things slightly different - say, have someone undergoing their First Change. Just ask, and we'll see.

Uhm, that's about it for now...

Details I'd like from you

Would you like to start packed together?

What sort of characters you thinking of playing?

Anything else you'd like to know or see?

I've been working on a background for a Get homid, whose thing is pretty much that he puts his regeneration to the test a lot. Maybe an ahroun, or a theurge.

Donor

I've got a few ideas, I can either ressurect Sean (Get homid philodox) Or I've got an idea for a GW Lupus Ragabash >_>

I kind of wanted to try playing a CoG homid theurg. I had this idea of a medic who tends to frequently bite off more than he can chew. ^^

Curator

I've got a few ideas, I can either ressurect Sean (Get homid philodox) Or I've got an idea for a GW Lupus Ragabash >_>

You certainly know how to make a GM's bowels clench in fear ;) I'm seeing some interesting ideas here, I look forwards to hearing more.

Donor

You certainly know how to make a GM's bowels clench in fear ;) I'm seeing some interesting ideas here, I look forwards to hearing more.

He's the one that's leading the way in my head right now.. if you want I can send you my origin/outline.

Curator

A bit more setting info to help people along the way

The Sept is based on a sky island in the Spring Mountains in Nevada and is sacred to Thunderbird. It's an ancient and well respected caern, with a history in Uktenna hands running back centuries if not millennia. However, it's not been that way for close to a hundred years. Attritional warfare with the BSDs weakened the Uktena, and although some other tribes came to help, it wasn't until a Silver Fang led force arrived then the caern was saved. Since then, the Fangs have run the show.

The Garou of the area currently have 5 major concerns

The current Lord of the Sept grows old and increasingly feeble, which is sparking ill-feeling as Garou manouvere to be his successor

Wyrm activity being bred by reckless oil prospecting and attempts to prospect for minerals in the mountains

The success (or not) of current attempts to reintroduce wolves

The increasing stranglehold that the leeches are putting on Las Vegas

aaaand...

I'll come back to you on this one :P

Curator

Yes it does accept new Garou - wouldn't be much use for PCs if it wasn't!

The tribe structure will vary slightly depending on what PCs bring to the table and all tribes will be in the area. Currently I'm working on this current model though:

Moderate/fair sized populations - Uktena, Get, Shadow Lords

Small - Furies, Fianna, Fangs, Bone Gnawers, Striders, Children

Minimal to non-existant - Glass Walkers, Wendigo, Talons, Stargazers

In the surrounding area - Uktena are the majority tribe, followed by Bone Gnawers and Shadow Lords. Glass Walkers (Vegas in particular), Get, Fianna, Furies, Striders and Children all have plenty around. Silver Fangs have a fair few around, but not as many as the preceding - their power largely rests on people agreeing to it/challenges, rather than strength of numbers. Wendigo, Talons and Stargazers are in the handful area.

edit - an important note in terms of inter-tribe dynamics; When the Uktena were under real pressure from BSDs, the tribes who showed up initially and really piled in were the Get, Lords and Striders. To some - not all - of the Uktena at the Sept, this colours their thinking and ties between these tribes are stronger than you might otherwise think. These Uktena are also not exactly happy that Wendigo completely failed to show. Some of the Uktena don't see things that way at all though.

Donor

You explicitly mentioned the silver fangs in the backstory, where are they now?

Curator

There's still Fangs at the Sept, still in charge - it's just they're not great in number and indeed never have been.

What parameters do you use for char creation? What rank can the characters be?

What merits/flaws/etc. are forbidden?

Do we use the dodge stat, or will dex+athletics be used instead?

Curator

Starting chargen, all merits and flaws are case by case, dex + athletics.

So, here's my char idea:

Name: Sickle 'Bleeds for Gaia'

Auspice: waning Ahroun

Tribe: Get of Fenris

Breed: Homid

Basic info: Wether or not Sickle is his birthname (and most are quite certain it is not), Sickle is one strange Fenrir. He isn't a boaster, he doesn't seem to be the one to brag. In fact, he seems content in leaving the glory to others. This puts him at odds with a lot of elders, because his breeding is great, but he seems to care nothing about it. More disturbing, he cuts himself open often, or does some other kind of self-multilation. Using his regeneration to heal afterwards. The Ahroun's Rage is also under heavy control.

Sickle caress for little, his own life, Gaia, all are just incidental. Only Pain and his body changing are constant. He seeks combat not out of glory, but to see how deep and badly he can be hurt and how fast he will heal from it.

So, yeah, this character is supposed to be a little disturbing and off.

Donor

Hunter "Regular Expression(RegEx)"

Auspice: Ragabash

Tribe: Glass Walkers

Breed: Lupus

Hunter was raised by humans, who were unaware of his Garou nature. He was a curious pup even then and always got his nose into everything, constantly wanting to know more. This trait did not leave him after his change, and once introduced to the truth of the internet beyond a magic glowing box, he knew he had a new calling.

Hunter is always on the look out for data, be it in the digital world or the physical world, and he's not above performing some personal infiltration to get where he needs to be and get the information that his sept needs to get the job done.

Unfortunately, RegEx makes a particularly lousy wolf, even for a Glass Walker, so his tribe decided that some time in the wilderness would do him good.

Is it too late to possibly put my hat into the ring? I may be able to pull in my girlfriend as well, if she's up to it.

edit: We are considering playing Uktena siblings. One Galliard, one Philodox.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this