Sign in to follow this  
Baradiel

Historical settings besides Dark Ages and Victorian Era

Donor

I am curious as to whether any of you have done a historical setting besdies the official published settings. I am getting ready to run the first session of chronicle this Tuesday set in New Orleans in 1922. The main theme is conflict between the established Creole Camarilla vampires vs the incoming Italian Brujah.

I would love to hear about any historical chronicles you may have done.

I played in a chronicle set in 1690s Caribbean. Camarilla, independents and even the Sabbat were forming their nascent presence in the New World whilst we all faced the growing threat of a demon.

I hope your 1922 game goes well. It sounds like fun.

Donor

DCat that Carribean game does sound good. Yeah, we had a first session Tuesday. It went well. The players, being players, went in a direction I was not anticipating, but that is always a good thing in my book. They were "asked" by the prince to take out a mortal mobster, and instead of killing him, they set him up to look like a rat.

If I had time I would love to run a game in the Middle East Bronze Age or pre-Colombian Americas. Time however constrains me from doing either properly. :(

Donor

Gurkahl3, those would be interesting.

Gurkahl3, those would be interesting.

The idea for the first came to me when I was reading Classical Archeology at the University and I started to think about how to play Vampire in the periods I studied. It started with Bronze Age Crete and from there it grew untill I covered most of the Eastern Mediterannean in my plans. Most likely these will not come to pass as I've forgotten alot of the stuff and don't have the time to re-read my old books. But maybe sometime in the future, maybe.

Donor

I think Crete would be crazy cool to do, especially finding a way to tie in the labyrinth, Thesius, etc.

Cat Came Back, what do you mean by Pulp era?

I think Crete would be crazy cool to do, especially finding a way to tie in the labyrinth, Thesius, etc.

Cat Came Back, what do you mean by Pulp era?

As in the period between the two world wars, extending a bit into WW2. Think Hemmingway, Burroughs, Howard and Lovecraft and Golden Age comics; detective noir, Alan Quartermane, and The Mummy, that sort of thing. Two-fisted heroics, snappy flapper-types, and exploring the dark regions of the world. Can your Eshu get to the Golden Skulls of Dahomey before either the French Legion or the Thule Society can? What does your hard-boiled Boggan PI think when a classy dame with drop-dead looks and pointy ears walks through the door?

Donor

A particular favorite of mine is the renaissance. Got all the darkness from DA, the glamour of victorian age and the Gehenna-like changes of modern nights :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this