Sign in to follow this  
Poncho

Your first character

Just out of interest, what/who was the very first Werewolf the Apocalypse character you ever played?

My first character was named 'Laughs in the Face of death', later nicknamed LITFOD for short.

I had stumbled into roleplay group at college and decided to join them andthey gave me the option of a werewolf or a vampire. I knew nothing of the WoD, it's world, it's mysteries nor the spiritual side of the Garou.

I was given a photo copied character sheet and a corebook to share with my friend who I dragged with me.

I chose Auspice: Ahroun (cause I thought it would be easier to start off as a warrior for my first experience)

Tribe: Shadowlords (because I really liked how arrogant they were)

and for Breed: Lupus.....(shamefully because I noticed it came with more gnosis, what ever that was)

Got the name as the first scene was described, my friend and I (the one I dragged along) were descibed how the rest of the pups on their rite of passage had been slaughtered by BSDs and we two were the last standing...when asked what we do next? IC I pointed at the remaining BSDs and laughed. We fought and through what i can only assume was luck and good hearted ST we survived.

Then given our first comand by the sept i uttered the first IC words "So whats in it for us?" pointing to the Glasswalker (my firend) who I hadnt bothered to lower myself to talking to who also survived until I could include him something I wanted.

and that was how I started my love affair with W:tA

please do share :)

I was playing a rather dismal Vampire chronicle at the time. One of the players asked if I wanted to play a werewolf NPC in her Mage game. I gave the 2nd edition tribebook a read, and had a very basic idea about the core game. So we played the session, with my Garou providing some comic relief and playing to type (since I had only passing familiarity with Garou culture). After the session, when everyone had left, I told her, "You know, that was pretty fun. I know the other folks wouldn't be interested, but if you had some time to spare some day, I'd like to explore some of the side stories we ignored in the game. " So, after supper, we pulled the dice back out. It was around 4 in the morning before we put the books away. It was awesome. Played the character for years afterwards, even after I married the ST :-)

Ian "Gleams in His Eye" Corrigan, Homid Galliard Homid

Hey FBM. :)

Thanks for sharing, you sly dawg, marrying the ST.

I too lost many a day and night just talking and going through the books with good people. Good times. :)

Was that a Fianna? Judging by the name.

Hey FBM. :)

Thanks for sharing, you sly dawg, marrying the ST.

I too lost many a day and night just talking and going through the books with good people. Good times. :)

Was that a Fianna? Judging by the name.

Of course, payback is required. She's pestering me to run VtR tonight.

And yes, the character was Fianna.

My first character was on White Wolf's old HTML's (hey, I was in Alaska, there was NO gaming)

Screams-at-Luna, a Khan based entirely out of what I could find in the 2nd edition PG and scrape off the 'net. He looked just like Albrecht in the "combat flipbook," with the long white hair an the trenchcoat. Under the trenchcoat, of course, was his trusty AK-47. Because you know, that's how that worked. He really didn't do much except crack wise and shoot at the Spirals that were always wandering around.

My first was a Lost Cub Shadow Lord Homid Ahroun called Alexander "Shadowclaws" Masters, named such because he was a New Yorker Corporate CEO who used his Contacts and Resources to fight rather than just his brawn. The idea was supposed to be that most of his enemies never even saw him until the fight was already won.

Of course, that wasn't really the game the ST wanted to run so he gradually morphed into more of a visionary working for tribal unity in Rage Across Australia (with a typical Shadow Lord twist). I played him for a couple years, and he wound up just making it to rank 3 and was Alpha of the Ngalyod Pack.

A mate of mine used him as an NPC for a couple years after that- and his downfall was basically Aussie resentment about a "Yank" sticking his snout in where it wasn't wanted, as well as his tendency to hoard information from everyone but his pack-mates.

Privately, I always thought that Yuri Konietzko was just getting scared of him.

:rolleyes:

Ho hum.

I actually started out storytelling an embarrassingly, hilariously messed up little campaign. One of my friends noticed my books and asked if I wanted to come along with them to a little LARP some friends were putting together, so I made two characters. I can't even remember their names now-one was a Bone Gnawer Ragabash Fostern, the other was a Shadow Lord Ahroun. Both were homids, and they were the remnants of a now-dead pack. When I arrived (dressed up to play the Gnawer), I learned that the game was actually vampire, but one of the STs liked my characters so much he wanted me to stay. Their backstory grew to explain why they were chilling with the vampires-the Bone Gnawer had been lured in by the Nosferatu Prince and had stuck around because as long as she was peaceful, she wasn't going to get the crap murdered out of her. The Shadow Lord wanted to protect her last remaining packmate, and was also a death-seeker-she expected the vampires to kill her sooner or later now that they knew who she was, so she might as well learn their weaknesses and leave a legacy of information for the tribe.

The ST loved it, the Nosferatu thought I was a blast, so the two Garou were given leave to enter Elysium on pain of very thorough death if they tried to leave the city or attack the leeches. By the time the Shadow Lord thought she was done her spying and it was time to get this over with, the game fizzled and died. Many of the players jumped ship to join my friends' LARP that rose from the ashes and so it goes.

*looks up at Werejace* funny seeing you here.

I can't really remember the first Werewolf character I created, that would be back in 2006 or so and I never actually played them, and there were some NPCs I made for the two very-short-lived WtA sessions I ran with my group (who I've bitched about time and again). But the first Werewolf I actually played would be Talisa Shaw, Black Fury Theurge Cliath, with whom I blundered my way through forum play-by-post RP back in '07 until I met some other players who had experience and helped me get Werewolf.

Thanks for sharing folks

It's good reminiscing of the early days of my werewolf experience. It was a lot of fun and it's good seeing others have the same fun and good memories.

Love it. :)

I wonder if anyone picking up W20 will have a similar experience with their very first character?

Anyone like to share?

Donor

My first character...

Was a Metis Glasswalker Ahroun who used a katana, and wore a trench coat.

There's more to it than that but...

Yeahh.........

Ahhhh they were simpler times. :)

Humble beginings and fun times. We all had to begin somewhere and mine my lupus shadow lord ahroun started with leather pants, a lon leather coat and a fang dagger.

Just glad I had a patient and player driven ST that didn't bash me and introduced the game at a level I could appreciate and learn more as it went on, otherwise I might not have stayed as long as I did.

Good times. :)

My first Werewolf character was a homid Black Fury Ahroun who has her First Change at my first session; she was a street kid, but had been kidnapped shortly prior to her Change by some people and locked in a warehouse. . . Pretty much right in the middle of where the existing Cubs, on their Rite of Passage, were going through looking for information. . . Well, they ended up getting to deal with a First Change. . . .

That pack of Cubs was hilarious. We stole a black SUV with tinted windows from this super-secret organization's lair, with a computer tower we stole in the back. . . Our Glass Walker got us pulled over, tried to drive away when the cop went to check the plates. . . But out Ragahroun Wendigo opened the door (he was sitting behind the driver) and hit the cop with the door as our Glass Walker tried to drive away. Cue cop chase.

"Oh, we're werewolves! We'll just dump the SUV in the lake and step into the Umbra to make our getaway!" Nope. The other Black Fury (Galliard) had Insane Ancestor, and guess how said ancestor had died? (Hint: drowning) So. . . She was sitting in the passenger seat, and grabbed the wheel of the car. We hit a tree. . . Three of us shifted to the Umbra (warning, inertia shifts with you!), our Ragahroun LoL'ed and shifted into Crinos and sat in the car. The other Black Fury opened her door and rolled out of the car. The Ragahroun entered the Death Thrall. . . .

Aaaaand we all swore our Raven totem was really Coyote in disguise; the damn bird was slippery and shifty as hell. But, we learned some valuable lessons. . .

Lesson One: Don't steal the most suspicious looking vehicle in the lot of suspicious looking vehicles at the bad guys' place.

Lesson One-B: If you do steal the most suspicious looking vehicle, don't let the Ragabash sit behind the driver.

Lesson Two: Don't shift over to the Umbra during a car accident, because inertia shifts with you.

Lesson Three: If one fence of the shady facility is electrified, assume all fences are electrified.

Lesson Three-B: If ONE fence of the shady facility is electrified, ASSUME ALL FENCES ARE ELECTRIFIED.

Lesson Four: Don't leave your Glass Walker in the car while you explore the construction site; you might encounter a construct and manage to shove it into a pit, but you'd need the person who understands vehicles and such to use the concrete pourer to ensure the construct stays there.

Lesson Four-B: A color-blind Lupus is not a suitable substitute for a Glass Walker in the above scenario ('Okay, which button do I press?' 'The red one!' 'What does red look like?!?' -smashes the control panel in frustration-)

Lesson Five: Five 25-pound bags of ANFO is TOO MUCH.

Lesson Five-B: Yes, the spirits will be pleased with the lake this will become in the future, but they're severely displeased with the crater it is right now.

Lesson Six: Don't botch a sidestep roll. Ever.

Lesson Six-B: If you do botch a sidestep roll and the ST continues what he is doing as if nothing is wrong, don't show your confusion by reemphasizing that you botched a sidestep roll; you will learn how werewolves time travel, your pack will end up in the '50s, and your Black Fury will be dressed like Rosie the Riveter.

Lesson Six-C: Don't let your Wendigo Ragabash, who doesn't realize he's dressed as a Native American, talk to the businessmen you've just barged in on in a conference; when he realizes he's dressed as a Native American, he will smash their telephone with a half-assed 'this is for the blankets' remark before he storms out of the room.

Ah, the woes and learning experiences of the Crater Pack. . . .

Curator

I honestly can't remember my first WtA character. Its possible I ran before I played. Might have been Robbie Ulfsby, in Krieg's post-apocalypse game. That was fun. Shame it ground to a halt.

That's the problem with online games. They're great fun, then they suddenly grind to a halt as a couple of key people drop out, or disagreements get blown up without the benefit of face to face talking to sort things. Particularly in big games, where people tend to have very different conceptions but rarely talk about them.

edit: Actually, I definitely ran before I played. Although that game didn't last very long.

Donor

I honestly can't remember my first WtA character. Its possible I ran before I played. Might have been Robbie Ulfsby, in Krieg's post-apocalypse game. That was fun. Shame it ground to a halt.

That's the problem with online games. They're great fun, then they suddenly grind to a halt as a couple of key people drop out, or disagreements get blown up without the benefit of face to face talking to sort things. Particularly in big games, where people tend to have very different conceptions but rarely talk about them.

edit: Actually, I definitely ran before I played. Although that game didn't last very long.

well

you know

that's what happens when you pee down the get's leg.

Curator

Looking back, I'm glad that happened. One of my better gaming stories.

Donor

Agreed, some of my favorite gaming memories come from that story, like Lowell putting a bullet into DTT's head to prove a point.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this