Sign in to follow this  
JAnderson789

Embracing a childe with higher Blood Potency?

Are there any devotions that allow an Elder to Embrace a childe with higher blood potency? I seem to remember seeing a set of several powers like that on a blog years ago, but it's gone now if it ever existed. The CotC book has "Crone's Renewal," but that ritual transfers one, and only one, Blood Potency dot from the sire to a childe embraced with the ritual active, and was developed specifically in order to avoid feeding restrictions brought on by high Blood Potency.

This is what I came up with for my game. Haven't needed to use it.

The Embrace: Although not universally known, it is possible for a Sire to make a childe’s blood more potent in the Embrace, at the sacrifice of his own. The Sire drains the victim as usual, and then spends a dot of Willpower while giving his own blood. To increase the childe’s potency, he must give the childe her fill. After a minute or so, he must drain her completely and then fill her at least half (5 Vitae) and spend an additional dot of Willpower and a dot of Blood Potency. Only vampires at BP 4 may attempt this. BP 8 vampires may bequeath 2 extra dots (costing, in all, 3 Willpower Dots).

I presume the cost is severe enough to make it unlikely to be utilized. On the flip side, it is a good way to lower BP.

I presume the cost is severe enough to make it unlikely to be utilized. On the flip side, it is a good way to lower BP.

This is essentially the same as Crone's Revival, only it costs an extra WP and is restricted to BP4+.

Little tangent here, but creating a feral vampire with BP0 (see p. 102 of The Wicked Dead) only costs 1 WP point, not dot. So from that I would project that creating a vampire with BP3 could cost two additional WP dots (3 total), without having to spend BP dots. I don't want to leave this up to ST fiat or make it an "innate power," so I want to create an "elder devotion" that would allow a sire of BP6+ to spend additional WP dots to embrace a child with greater BP (max 3).

This would be particularly useful to older members of bloodlines and especially bloodline inceptors, as the childe could be inducted into the bloodline more quickly, without having to spend the experience necessary to increase his BP. The problem is, I can't figure out what disciplines should be used, aside from Cruac or Theban Sorcery, and I don't want the devotion to be exclusive to only some covenants, but something that a learned elder of any clan or covenant could develop by themselves.

Waking the Restful Dead

Vigor ••••• •• Animalism •••••

Cost: 1 Vitae, 1 Willpower

Roll: Resolve + Stamina + Vigor

A smart Kindred is always choosy about who he Embraces, as tonight's childe is tomorrows rival; but sometimes your cup runneth over with potential proteges, and sometimes you need a great deal of pawns now. By calling upon his strength of blood and his control of the Beast, a Methuselah can do just that. Any valid target of Embrace fed the blood spent from this Devotion rises as a vampire.

Dramatic Failure: The Embrace goes wrong and the target rises as a Draugr.

Failure: The Embrace doesn't take and the corpse remains a corpse.

Success: A new vampire of the same Clan as the one who Embraced him is born.

Dramatic Success: As per a success, but the neonate is reborn with 2 dots of Blood Potency.

This devotion, from the White Wolf forums, allows a vampire to Embrace someone without having to spend a WP dot at all, but it's still not quite what I am looking for. Do the prerequisite disciplines look like they'd make a good choice?