Sign in to follow this  
wolfa96masterplan

The Secret World

Hey guys and viewers, been a long time since I check back here. So I been checking out this new mmorpg called "The Secret World", it camed to me that it seems a bit of World of Darkness related to it. So guys, od you think The Secret World has some similarities to the World of Darkness?

I will likely check it out at some point as it does look decent.

My big problem is that I am so burned out on MMOs in general (I've been playing them since '99) that I have trouble mustering much more than a shrug currently.

Pretty much what Zibik said. The only MMO I am really looking at playing with any interest is Guild Wars 2. I have heard bad things about the Secret World, mainly that it is going to be a box purchase with sub as well as cash shop which is double dipping. Secondly, Funcom has a bad history when it comes to game releases. Finally Funcom has said so little about the game that it's hard to muster more than a "Meh". This is one of those examples where keeping quiet is doing more harm than good.

double cost is the reason I am not looking at it matey.

Loses to Guild Wars 2, easily.

Very very heavy game, has nice ideas but no real plot direction. Once you get past the tutorial(s), you basically are just helping random people during a zombie invasion.

Donor

Not sure I see much of a World of Darkness connection from the game's official site. Maybe a nWoD Hunters game.

Looks like it's mostly focused on faction-play in a "weird and mysterious" setting. Not especially appealing to me, but I'm not particularly fond of MMO's to begin with.

Eh I've never really been able to get interested in most MMORPGs. Most of them are essentially Chat Rooms with an attack button. The only one i've manage to hold any interest in is Final Fantasy 11 and trying to set up an account for that game is like pulling teeth.

Donor

I played Final fantasy 11 for a while. Enjoyed the scenery, game play left a lot to be desired. Go to one of two maps for leveling. Flag for group, wait hours, get group and have it disintegrate when a short delay prompts people to complain about insufficient XP/hour ratios and quit. REPEAT!

No soloing either. XP payout for monsters approaching your level was piddling for how long it took to defeat the monster. Not a big fan of that kind of grind, so I elected for a different grind, fishing. Final Fantasy taught me a valuable lesson about myself and MMOs. When I settle into craft skills, especially fishing, it's time to quit and dump the account. Saves several months of account maintenance fees where the only game play is me hitting a key to queue up the next step in the craft(or casting the fishing line) then dozing off for a few minutes. REPEAT!

I didn't mind grinding so much, finding a party however, that was a pain. When I started playing final fantasy XIV was already out and players were still in that gap between quiting FFXI and realizing that FFXVI is complete shit and going back to FFXI. So it was pretty much me in am e,pty world full of NPCs.

sort of like the movie I am Legend. ...I am Final Fantasy Legend...XI

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this