Sign in to follow this  
Steven Wolph

your best

my fave char was a very long time Vampire in a VtM game.

He was a Catiff masquerading as a Brujah, Viscount of Carick Fergus as a mortal, but also Kinfolk.

Over the course of about 7 years playing weekly (or more), he went from lowly Brujah neonate looking to do favours for everyone (while attempting to curb the excesses of everyone).

to running at times with a Lupine pack.

To becoming an archon and fighting off sabbat packs "single handedly" (aka lupine pack waiting with him).

The one thing that stuck with the char all through this was a desire to keep Humanity as high as possible (8 being the ideal) and it never once dropped below 6.

Which was always fun when faced with the short fuse flaw.

my favourite was a WtA-char called Rachel Ruth Doe, Uktena. her true name was Mourns-for-Shadows (tribe and true name given to her by the GM). She was member of a pack that's been together for many lives - as far as "we" remembered - it started back in the times when America was discovered. one of the pack had "past life" and remembered everything - and we actaully played some sequences from our past lives together, which was fun and sad at the same time because at the end of each of these sessions, we all died... we had been playing the pack for years, when a new wolf (and player) joined the pack - and messed everything up, as the new wolf didn't stick to any rules... which confused... well, mostly just Rachel, i suppose^^. anyway, the whole pack died (or rather, was killed of by the GM, who might just have been fed up with all the in-pack fighting...^^) - rather sudden and without any foreseeable reason... i still miss her. must have been true love ;-) well, i'm still friends with the GM :-) - and he's a wolf in one of my games now...^^

another favourite - well, maybe not a favourite, but my most famous ever char among - not just - friends^^, i suppose, was/is a Toreador called Naiko Sushima. as a human she was a wunderkind with the violin and her most characteristic feature was that she kept breathing when she was made a vampire. and she had a voluntary bloodbond, which was almost going both ways, with her Sire... which made her his weak spot... (you might be able to imagine the consequences...). she's still "alive" as the last GM "handling" her didn't dare to kill her... don't ask me why, but he just broke off the game before he had to do it... and i swear, it wasn't my fault!^^

Mine, Vampire, gangrel...ran a repair shop, wich was just a front for is real job selling guns and other things to help kill. played him for 3 years on and off, in that time he befriended a werewolf Get of Fenris (who was one of my other characters) who works at the shop with his cousin a Mage verbena (also other characters)....wich led to alot of crazy adventures LOL.

he ended up helping kill the prince and half the vampires in the city...gave the city over to the anarchs.

oh and he hates and i mean hates Ventrues!

this sounds really crazy!^^ three characters in one shop - a new kind of multiple personality ;-) - are they talking to each other? do they agree on anything?^^

(oh, and i think Naiko would get along with the gangrel... as she had really REALLY bad experince with the ventrue... and a much better one with a gangrel. ;-) )

well, it was them who used naiko against her sire by blaming all her (alleged!) mistakes on him and therefore sentenced him to first a forced bloodbond with the justicar of north america, and then sent him to 'i can't remember where' (chicago?) to fight the sabbat - and that was because he had refused to work for them before... lovely^^ - if you ask me. well... she hasn't seen him again since then, is still looking for him, hears rumours from time to time that he's still 'alive" and hates (really hates!) virtually everyone who's been involved in the plot, most of all the ventrue (she wouldn't trust them with her fingernails ... as she has a certain.. well... affinity?... to generalize...^^ ). that's why! ;-)

Curator

The best I made was a drug-addict, time mage detective named Matthew Burke. His girlfriend had been kidnapped by Technocracy MIB, and he set out to discover the truth. I even wrote a story about him.

is there a chance to read that story anytime, anywhere? :-)

Curator

Shoot me your email and I'll send it to ya. :)

The best I made was a drug-addict, time mage detective named Matthew Burke. His girlfriend had been kidnapped by Technocracy MIB, and he set out to discover the truth. I even wrote a story about him.
umm I like, I think adding flaws all way makes a game more fun

Donor

Characters lacking flaws also tend to lack any depht and become the dark superheroes with katanas. So yes, I fully agree :)

Oh yes, one I have come to use is true love. See a lot of ppl I play with just use flaws to get exp. they will use like addicted to cigars or something like that

Donor

True love is a merit, and when I ST I rarely let my players be addicted to tobacco unless they smoke all the time and get Stamina penalties.

Well they way we set it up true love was more of a flaw... Cuz the one he was in love with was a trouble making sabot vampire who half the time tryed to kill him and the other half trying to seduce him

oh yes, things like that come in handy... at times... ;-) - i usually use the certain "gaps" in the background stories my players provide for their characters... to pester them^^...ehm, no, of course not!^^ it's just to add something personal to the game and make it more colourful and interesting for the players... ;-)

My fav ex: me, "no I can't just shoot him he's the princes!" my st playing my true love, " plz baby do it for me" she said in a pouty voice and bending over the table pushing her boobs together and pouting her lips..... Bang!

I once played a Brujah that had breached the masquerade in a Hall full of people.

the DM says to me "your fucked now"

in a brief moment of insight the PC speaks into his lapel, "lock all the doors, no one leaves"

a brief period of "creative redecorating" later and the masquerade is intact.

I once played a Brujah that had breached the masquerade in a Hall full of people.

the DM says to me "your fucked now"

in a brief moment of insight the PC speaks into his lapel, "lock all the doors, no one leaves"

a brief period of "creative redecorating" later and the masquerade is intact.

oh so you sat them down and explained everything and told them why they couldn't tell

oh so you sat them down and explained everything and told them why they couldn't tell

exactly, I made them promise and checked no one had crossed fingers while promising!

Curator

My best? My namesake, an imbued from Hunter: the Reckoning. Libra, a Judge creed, eventually became an extremist - more Visionary than Judge, really - and despite gathering a huge following, he ultimately had to fight alone.

One thing kept him sane and brought him back from the brink: his son.

I'd houseruled during the Time of Judgment that children born to imbued had abilities the imbued did not have, and a far finer control over their edges than the first generation of hunters could ever have because they were born to their powers.

They also had an effect similar to the Visionaries' abilities to rein in Waywards and allow Hermits to stay close by, only they could extend that to all extremists who'd gone down the middle path rather than fallen to the demons or the Ministers (Fall From Grace).

In Libra's case, it was he who climbed back from the Abyss, and not any abilities his baby boy had. When Pontefract opened up to Hell, and the Wayward called Five selected his team to go in and close that mouth, it was Libra's wife who volunteered for the suicide mission, thrusting his son into Libra's hands.

It did the job; Pontefract was sealed; and the campaign ended. But the world had had its eyes opened, and could never close them again, so Libra wandered across the broken world with his son, helping the shattered, frightened people of the planet to a semblance of functionality and picking up the pieces again, recruiting the now - jobless hunters in his new mission.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this