Prince Lodin

Abombwe 2 Invoking the Beast

Hi y´all!

I play a character who has Abombwe and we play it with the rules from Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom.

I´m looking for some ideas of animal characteristics than my character can manifest and the game mechanics for it. What have you done? Where have you found inspiration?

Hey Prince Lodin. I thought you were dead long ago. :P . OK, first of all, the game mechanic I would use, would be the same for feral claws (as this specific power is the primary example of this level of abombwe, so an expenditure of a bloodpoint or two seems fine). Though, for more complex uses of this power I would use the roll described in the book (Intelligence+Survival I think)

As for some examples of other animal characteristics, are the following:

1. Eyes of Eagle. You can see at great distances (or increase your perception rate). How far you can, well that's a matter between you and your ST.
  2. Nose of the wolf. Decreases all the smell-based perception rolls by 2, ant you might be able to track someone down.
  3. Chameleon's skin. Your skin changes colour, in order to camouflage your self with your surroundings.

For further inspiration, you might want to check the gangrel clanbooks, and every book you can find that involves protean based combination disciplines. Check also the various powers of Serpentis. You never know you might find... :)

Have fun mate!!!

As for how far or well or whatever, I would go for doubling the Perception (and any limitations that go with) for that sense.

Nikephorus-

Hey, man. Prince Lodin was one of my favourite Princes in the Vtm-line, so I choose the name a couple of years back, I haven´t been active on this forum for over a year now, but now as I´m a player instead of a ST I look for some ideas again.

Yes, Intelligence-Survival is the roll. You have some cool ideas there :) When you mention the Gangrel Clanbooks, I come to think about the extreme animal features (like sonar, fur etc.) that are mentioned there, perhaps some of those could be used :)

Thanks, I enjoy being a player again after so much time with just being a vampire-ST :)

As for how far or well or whatever, I would go for doubling the Perception (and any limitations that go with) for that sense.

Sounds fair :)

Guest Jeebers

Quick tip: Stick to strictly African animals when creating descriptions of the various power possibilities. Wolf is not one of them. A chameleon changes its skin color based on mood, not necessarily its surroundings. That bit of info can be found on wikipedia. You want to maintain the flavor of Abombwe being something inherently part of the Laibon bloodline.

As for powers themselves, check out merits as well as funky Gangrel flaws. There's a bunch listed for Nosferatu, in VtM and in DAV that would work wonders. I think DAV's Guide to the Low Clans has a bunch of interesting ones, like Bloat and Piscene which originally appeared in the older Nosferatu clanbook (Revised had a few as well). As a side note, these odd physical merits would work great for Vicissitude alterations as well, which is what I researched them recently for.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.