Sign in to follow this  
Steven Wolph

Mummy: The Curse.

so this is the next core that comes out in august so how do we all feel about this?

me, mixed feelings...cuz i didn't really like Mummy: The Resurrection but to be fair i only played it once but i didn't really like it... but i also didn't like old world changeling but i love new world.

Curator

Apart from the "Mummy's Curse" reference, any reason why it's considered a "curse" nowadays?

Perhaps as mortals, while they lived they did something so heinous to Duat that they were cast out of Horus' court and prevented from being given the Trial where their hearts were weighed against a feather. Without the Trial they could never be judged and sent on to the Afterlife, but then they could not be judged unworthy and have their livers devoured by Sobk either so, with nowhere else to go they have to come back to the world and live forever, or something.

I assume that the system allows for new mummies to come into the world in the modern day as well, though I can't help but imagine that this game will be compared to Geist: the Sin-Eaters now, especially if they go down the whole Bargain road. Mummies would look like Abmortals to the Bound, and they'd piss off both Kindred (who have their own "Curse") and both Abmortals from Geist and the Immortals from the World of Darkness sourcebook of that name.

So this should be interesting, to say the least.

Oh, and Bane Mummies without the Wyrm. How's that gonna happen?

Im highly anticipating this. I've played both the first edition and the revised. By the sounds of the title they are brining the horror elements back to the game (as they did with Changeling the Lost, which before was just WOD Fantasy).

Things I would like to see:

More horror

Playing up the curse of immortality

less Geist

More Egyptian style mummies (not Andean)

Mummy sorcery (like what we see in the film 'The Mummy')

Imhotep

Things I would like to see:

More horror

Playing up the curse of immortality

less Geist

More Egyptian style mummies (not Andean)

Mummy sorcery (like what we see in the film 'The Mummy')

Imhotep

More horror- yes

Playing up the curse of immortality-yes

less Geist- as in style? or you don't like that game?

More Egyptian style mummies (not Andean) - idk about cuz that could be how the "class" could be?

Mummy sorcery (like what we see in the film 'The Mummy')- i would like that to

I have more of a mixed feeling for this gameline as well, but when I read a nWoD book, I mostly end up being bored and I was never really taken into the game, but what I heard that the nWoD has become a big failure with the whole gothic horror theme.

see i like new world alot more... i hated old changeling but love new, new just worked better with my ST type, i tend to be more crative and spontaneous but to tell the truth i think new world "failed" more to all the "fanboy" (not my words) of old world who only seem to hate it cuz its not old world. but thats a diff topic...

i never liked old world mummy...so im hoping new is nothing like it...something diffrent. i would like to see more of a diffrents between the "classes" old seem to be ... you chould be mummy A..he has a sword ore mummy B hes fast...ex

thanks, did you read this? kinda made me want mummy less LOL

Yes and I am very much looking foreward to it and am going to buy it asap.

I have more of a mixed feeling for this gameline as well, but when I read a nWoD book, I mostly end up being bored and I was never really taken into the game, but what I heard that the nWoD has become a big failure with the whole gothic horror theme.

What the NWoD doesn't have is Punk. It's overflowing with Gothic themes.

Curator

GenCon?

On the Mummy blog, CAS stated that the titular Mummies are survivors of the lost empire of Irem, whereas Chinese, Egyptian, and American mummies are covered by the Purified.

New information!

Mummies use Sekhem as their Supernatural Advantage, and Memory as their Morality. Upon awakening, Mummies begin with 10 Sekhem, which begins to erode as they achieve their goal for the current cycle, and re-enter their tombs when they finish their current task. They're like an anti-vampire in this respect. The tragedy of being a mummy is that, while they're immortal, they can't really spend much time enjoying it because they're compelled to complete specific objectives and then die again, and repeat this cycle for eternity.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/105041/Episode-91---GenCon-2012%3A-Mummy-the-Curse