Sign in to follow this  
Caesar

Nosferatu deformities - need ideas for a character

I am working on my first ever Nosferatu character, never played one in the old vampire game, so I thought it was time to give it a go. My character will be a she and the idea is that the embrace has twisted her body in some way but so far I can't decide on what kind of physical deformities I want..

I am looking for ideas for deformities that is horrifying, repulsive or unsettling but that she can cover them up.. So nothing on her hands, legs or face. That said I would love for some twisted and horrifying deformity on her body.

The idea for the character so far is a young unbound who is struggling to adapt to unlife and her monstrosity. Reason her deformity is important is because I am playing with the idea that the fact she is a Nosferatu, and the effect of the embrace, is playing big part for her struggle with accepting her new condition and clinging to what remains of her humanity.

..So got any horrifying, repulsive or unsettling physical deformities ideas?

Curator

Scales, maybe patches of fur.

Parts of her skin are transparent, as if invisible, or Obfuscated all the time. They never move to hands or face but they move about the body and reveal dried innards and pulsing, pooled Vitae moving around.

Eeek.. I logged in wrong account. I am that guy *points at the Caesar account* Created it couple years ago when I thought I lost my Mao account :blink:

Scales, maybe patches of fur.

Parts of her skin are transparent, as if invisible, or Obfuscated all the time. They never move to hands or face but they move about the body and reveal dried innards and pulsing, pooled Vitae moving around.

Obfuscated all the time..? Sounds damn interesting, but how would it work and look in-game exactly?

Curator

Exactly as you imagine it would. The overall effect is, even without the slowly moving patches of glasslike skin visible, she still suffers the horrific Clan weakness.

Ahh Okey sounds like fun one. Thanks Libra

Guest Jeebers

Do you like classic horror flicks? Here's an excerpt from my oWoD custom doc:

There are different Nosferatu family lines, which are essentially defined by where your Nosferatu was sired and by the following Merits and Flaws their players take. By the way, you can negate your ugliness’ effect on hunting by having 2 dots of Herd. Immunity to transmittable diseases is worth 2 freebie points, a useful merit if you feed on the poorest people in DA. No specific flaws or merits should be taken if you want to look like the standard Nosferatu, which you can see in the original Nosferatu (1922, with Max Schreck) movie.

Rome, Italy (Fossori)

Acute Sense, Celestial Attunement 1 (305), Legendary Accomplishment (the Catacombs under Rome and the Roman aqueduct system)

Enemy Brood (p 73 Nosferatu), Territorial (305)

Balkans (Larvae)

Efficient Digestion 3 (303), Feeding Tongue (p 184 Low Clans), Maw 2 (p184 Low Clans)

Territorial (305), Uneducated

Paris, France (Parisii)

Institutional Control (Masons), Sleep Unseen (p 189 Low Clans)

Putrescent (p 74 Nosferatu), Territorial (305)

Byzantine (Lazarene, a Cainite order of knights)

Code of Honor, Higher Purpose (shining city upon a hill etc), many also have Crusader (1pt).

Contagious Leper 1 (303), Stench 2 (p 185 Low Clans)

Western Byzantine Empire/Transylvania (Volsi)

Huge Size 4 (303), Slimy (p 71 Nosferatu), Piscine (p184 Low Clans)

Stench (p 185 Low Clans), Notoriety, Territorial (305)

Mediterranean or Black Sea (Creatures)

Piscine 1(p184 Low Clans) or Supple Joints 3 (p184 Low Clans), Bloat 1-5, Maw 2(p184 Low Clans)

Restricted Diet (2pt), Wanderlust (4pt), Moon Mad (2pt). They’re also granted exceptional depth resistance to their aquatic forms(x4 swim rate, x3 normal depth), which usually resemble scaled fish men, hagfish, or jellyfish (Supple Joints). Go watch “Creature of the Black Lagoon”.

Blade II version of a Nosferatu, the Reaper, just for fun

Heart of Bone 4, Maw 2, Pure Blood 5, Gifts of the Beast 6 (Stamina+1, Strength+1)

Light Sensitive 5, Blood Madness 4( must have Instinct), Poor Digestion 5, Plague Bearer 3

Acute Sense (1pt Merit)

You choose one sense during character creation, which receives a -2 difficulty bonus for all rolls involving it. This sense can be any of these: Vision, Taste, Touch, Smell, Hearing. You can’t buy this multiple times. Most Fossori choose Hearing or Touch, as it helps them navigate in the dark (Vision won’t help if there’s no light in the first place). Touch is useful for manipulating objects in the dark, while hearing is great for a sonar- like effect in tunnels.

Code of Honor (1pt Merit)

Define a personal code of ethics with as much detail as possible along with your GM. Whenever anyone uses supernatural persuasion (Dominate, Presence, magic etc) to try to make you violate your code, you gain either 3 extra dice to resist, or your opponent’s difficulty goes up by 2 (GM’s choice).

Higher Purpose (1pt Merit)

Define a goal/reason to live that drives and directs your character in almost everything, but you’ve got to define this to the GM during creation. You receive 2 extra dice to any roll that has something to do with your particular goal. In this case, the Lazarenes are vowed to protect lepers or diseased pilgrims to the Levant (Holy Land).

Institutional Control: Masons (3pt Merit)

This basically means you control a human institution/cult, in this case the Masonic Order. Oddly, this particular merit connects in with the founding fathers of the USA. If you want to know more about Masons, Google it or try Wikipedia.

Legendary Accomplishment (3pt Merit)

Gain an extra 2 Social dice versus other Nosferatu when social status is involved (Intimidation, Leadership etc). Also, younger Nosferatu are constantly competing to outdo your amazing feat.

Notoriety (3pt Flaw)

You subtract 2 dice from all Social rolls versus other Cainites, as your reputation precedes you.

Uneducated (5pt Flaw)

Subtract 5 dots from your Knowledges during character creation. Although you can still spend freebies to increase Knowledges, they can’t be higher than 3 before the game starts.

In one of the book's fiction (I can't remember which one) a nossie's flaw was constantly breaking and resetting bones. An odd gait and popping noise as he walked. And I loved Robyn's in New Wave Requiem, nothing hideous she just always seemed to be trying too hard. But the roaming patches of obfuscate is awesome.