Sign in to follow this  
OneTwoManyFew

London's Burning...

I'm about to run a Mage chronicle based in London, and I was looking at the possibilities of intertwining other supernaturals as either allies or foes. I should say I've looked over the Shadows of the UK book that was published by White Wolf, and while some of the concepts seem to work well with my scenario, the focus on Warewolf made it less useful than I would have hoped.

I've looked into using vampires of VII and hunters in the first instance, maybe in some form of mutually beneficial alliance that protected mortals of British blood, and allowed VII to utilise the hunters to round up unaligned vampires to be slaughtered, or even fed upon.

Another idea, this one inspired by Shadows of the UK, involved Battersea Power Station being used as a 'Blood Farm', which a warewolf would notice in the Spirit World as a deep aura of pain. He would request that the cabal investigate.

Any feedback or other ideas would be appreciated.

Curator

You could use things like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings as actions of a rogue cabal of power-hungry mage antagonists trying to destabilize the area for a hostile takeover. Just a thought. Campaign looks good as is though.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd answer anyway in case others are interested. In this case I'd look into the history of your particular British area and imagine how supernaturals might get involved or be involved.

A vampire might be desperate to locate a sire buried in rubble somewhere underground after parts of it destabilised.

Changelings might hold court in queer places of the London Underground and be stumbled upon by the Mages on other investigations.

A Geist might approach them for help dealing with a large group of ghosts at an old castle or at a particular site along Hadrian's Wall or perhaps to deal with a number of ghosts in Coventry that have suddenly reappeared and started plaguing the location.

Werewolves may be perplexed by tales of a Black Dog -- but it has no scent and none of the spirits have heard of such a thing.

Spring-Heeled Jack might be a mad Ordo Dracul Daeva who has mastered the old fire breathing tricks of coating your mouth in a peculiar liquid and then breathing out over an opened flame before Vigor jumping away (yes, Vigor doesn't have them jumping like fleas but it does add to Strength and therefore a lot of Vigor could lead to inhuman jumps).