Sign in to follow this  
Gdead909

Changing breeds

Ok First off I like WtF. I also enjoyed WtA. I am sort of disheartened by the new changing breed books. There is a lot of useful things in it I just don't see how the developers got to certain points. Why are certain breeds so much powerful than others? Such as any of the winged folk. Why is there war from better physically than the pack or the Royal apes? Can you honestly tell me that a were eagle is stronger than a were gorilla, or a were buffalo? You would think that being birds would make them very dexterous, but not really. My main beef was with the royal apes in general. Any thoughts?

Ok First off I like WtF. I also enjoyed WtA. I am sort of disheartened by the new changing breed books. There is a lot of useful things in it I just don't see how the developers got to certain points. Why are certain breeds so much powerful than others? Such as any of the winged folk. Why is there war from better physically than the pack or the Royal apes? Can you honestly tell me that a were eagle is stronger than a were gorilla, or a were buffalo? You would think that being birds would make them very dexterous, but not really. My main beef was with the royal apes in general. Any thoughts?

I think it comes down basically to the rule of cool, and that the developers thought that were-eagles were cooler than gorillas or buffalos. I of course disagree and I think that gorillas are pretty cool, but that's the most likely reason that I can think about.

I think the problem is that much is not thought through and not harmonized. Eagles are very strong and the book had no weregorillas. Anyway I ahd no problem with the strength but rather that the wereeagles had wings instead of arms and with such a short-lived warform that doesn't make sense at all.

I decided against it and gave the war form taloned arms instead of wings.

Donor

I think the problem is that much is not thought through and not harmonized. Eagles are very strong and the book had no weregorillas. Anyway I ahd no problem with the strength but rather that the wereeagles had wings instead of arms and with such a short-lived warform that doesn't make sense at all.

I decided against it and gave the war form taloned arms instead of wings.

Maliki, I was curious if you've done anything with were-cheetah in nWoD at all? If so what Bonuses and whatnot did you go for? I ask because one of my players in a long running changing breed game has expressed interest in playing one and Im not sure what to go for with the Favours, Aspects, Breed Bonuses and form adjustments. She used to play Swara alot in oWoD so clearly loves Swara.

No I haven't done anything cheetah at all. I also didn't plan to in my Changing Breeds redesign (by the way I am always looking for help from anybody interested) because there are already so many cats and the book was already a bad copy of oWoD in so many aspects.

But if you want to build a cheetah-shifter I guess you would at least need the following (when using the current book as a model):

A cheetah is between 35 and 75 kg as an adult, so I guess it is fine to use size 5. Strength could be like the human form as well (or maybe one point lower). As is dexterity. I guess the rest of the stats are pretty obvious, especially since the built of a cheetah is closer to that of a greyhound than that of a cat.

Now the speed is a problem. I agree with the species factor of 15, however that is the maximum speed and cheetahs can only hold that for a few seconds, so I guess there should either be a penalty combined with this or you need a second species factor (maybe 7 or 8) for slower running speed.

However, I have no idea what the slow running speed of a cheetah is. But maybe this species factor of 15 can be used as the breed bonus, you know that for three to four turns that factor can be used.

And maybe you use that "king cheetah" color morph for something.

Now the favors would be: Fang and Claw (rememeber cheetahs cannot sheet their claws like other cats), keen senses (ears and nose) and I guess darksight.

I cannot really think of anything more right now, but I hope I could help you.

For favors

Donor

Thankfully, I talked em out of the whole cheetah thing, a fact Im happy for, admittedly they went lioness instead, which I can accomidate alot easier.

Donor

Nope never