Sign in to follow this  
Deadalux

What The Wraiths Can Teach Us

Good evening, everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read and discuss.

I have noticed that phantoms have the power of dementation and obtenebration as well as vicissitude.

This makes me wonder, instead of brow-beating and devil-sticking a summoned wraith for defense, could you force a ghost to teach you a discipline?

I have this wonderful idea that you could speak with the ghost and the ghost could teach you how it uses obtenebration or how it learned dementation. There must be such power in that.

First, of course, you would need to cow the ghost or force it or coerce it to play by your rules. I'm sure you would use a devil stick to beat the answers of out the ghost, but i don't know how good of a teacher a harassed ghost would be to you.

But still, it is an idea, and I'm sure that if it is possible, then the rewards would be great.

A ghost holds so much knowledge and has seen so many forgotten things, they must be able to teach a vampire obtenebration, dementation, maybe even auspex or chimer.

It would be possible to force a ghost into teaching you something, but far better I think to find out what the ghost wants, what its goals are and offer something that isn't terribly hard for you (being corpreal and all) to do that the ghost has difficulty with. Control or possesion of one of its fetters might also work out. I suppose a ghost could teach any of the basic disciplines that it knew. The clan specific disciplines would, of course, require the ingestation of blood from one of that clan... which obviously could not be from the ghost. Barring that, I would suppose that the ghost could then teach that discipline to a curious lick.

Curator

I agree that it is better to make friends with the Wraith to get what you want. Especially if it is securing and helping to guard its fetters. Take a page from the Sluagh in how they deal with the Wraiths, they learn a great deal from the Wraiths.

AFAIK, Wraiths don't actually know any disciplines, at least as far as Vampiric powers go. That list of disciplines seems like a way to approximate what they can do within the framework of Vampire. You should pick up W:tO to get a better idea as to what they can do.

Of course the Wraith of a dead vampire might just be able to teach disciplines... just make sure its him your actually speaking to and not the little buddy in his head.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this