Sign in to follow this  
Poncho

The Demon Metaplot

Bonjourno, I meant "Metaplot" :)

I only have a few of the books for Demon and I recently picked up Ashes and Angel wings Novel and then went straight into the corebook and then through everything else I owned relating to the game (other than Saviours & Destroyers, didnt really care for it myself)

I see there was a path laid out, Storytellers guide points to itself for the start of the Demon Metaplot, then City of Angels and Earthbound (Earthbound= Awesome book) Which I have, but neither of those points to th enext book in the line and all my only other books at this time are Saviours and destroyers, Players guide and Time of Judgement.

Meh

So it goes, Hey you are demons and free...Go!!!!!!

Oh no, there's Archdukes and other demons here, theyve been here a while and they be CraaaAAzzYyyY Yo!"

then..."Oh Snap!!! Its lucifer!!!! Run, Worship, Destroy or build a vampire like primogen council to rule the infernalness of the city.

then..."AhhhAAAA!! Vassago blew up, Douche bag. Hmm what to do next?"

So finally I get to my question(s).

What other books were released inbetween? (actually a nice list would be handy)

which were related to metaplot?

Where did the Metaplot go (did the lords/Knights/Dukes all escape finally, how hard were they?)?

cheers for any help

Edited by Poncho

I don't think there was much more in the way of meta plot in the rest off the top of my head.

I never quite managed to read fear to tread which is a pre made story, so that might have something, I just don't like pr made stories.

the story books there were three and I think there's another 1 which doesn't quite fit in the trilogy but includes some of the same characters but that may just have been bits I picked up from the fluf in the books.

Because demon didn't have a very long run and was never a very big game I think it sort've got meta plot lite, which I actually quite enjoyed.

There's rules, I think in the storyteller book for the higher demons, knights, lords, overlords, barons and dukes. I personally went with some of the knights and lords being able to slip out but anything higher had to be called out. In addition with the extra restrictions on hosts for the more powerful demons they're more likley to either become earthbound or get dragged back to hell so they were always a bit of a rarity in my games as just escapes.

Hope some of that helps and I'll check through my books later when I get home to give something more comprehensive. Though I don't know how much meta's in all the books as I pay very little attention to the meta for the most part. Did love city of angels and earthbound still, but mostly for the organisation and the cool stuff in the rules than furthering the plot too much. It allowed me to further my plotting *Evil grins*.

Cheers Shadow dweller

Yeah anything else you can come up with would be helpful.

I seem to be one of those rare types that like the metaplots but then I usually run two or three stories around/seperate to the written plot to mix things up and then usually do a tie in story of also my own design. That way the players get to play the story line and a few of my own unique stories but never really sure what is which :)

so yeah anything else you have would be great cheers.

Edited by Poncho

Houses of the Fallen had *some* metaplot type information in it.

It did? cool.

Um like what?

A lot of stuff on what the different Houses were trying to do and how well it was going. It's been a while since I cracked it open, though.

Donor

I personally liked Houses of the Fallen. In fact it is one of only three books that I am letting my players look at. It has LOTS of great Background/set up story based on which house a Fallen was/is.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this