Sign in to follow this  
Guest Oldestschool

Art Request

Guest Oldestschool

I would like someone to draw one of my tablet stories as a single page series of panels.

Commissions are possible but I prefer to do that through pay pal if that's possible.

Detailed analysis of all characters used in the story I wish drawn, (such as what exactly they are, what they are wearing, how tall they are, what color they are, etc etc), are available by request.

Note that this is intended for the public to actually see and is intended to be displayed on this very forum if possible.

If a commission is necessary a part of it will be donated to the site.

There's a bit of information that would help you find the right artist for you if you were to provide it. Here are a few questions:

• What medium are you wanting this done in: digital, hand-drawn and scanned?

• Technique and detail: realistic, cartoon, anime, caricature? Color, lines, black and white?

• Dimensions: do you want landscape or portrait [wide or tall]? Large-scale? Small?

I am aware there are quite a few talented artists as a part of this community - I hope you find the one for you. ^^

Guest Oldestschool

There's a bit of information that would help you find the right artist for you if you were to provide it. Here are a few questions:

• What medium are you wanting this done in: digital, hand-drawn and scanned?

• Technique and detail: realistic, cartoon, anime, caricature? Color, lines, black and white?

• Dimensions: do you want landscape or portrait [wide or tall]? Large-scale? Small?

I am aware there are quite a few talented artists as a part of this community - I hope you find the one for you. ^^

I'm afraid I don't really know enough about art to speak regarding whether it should be digital or hand drawn, but what I initially envisioned would be like so.

Row 1: Panel 1, Panel 2, Panel 3

Row 2: Panel 4, Panel 5, Panel 6

Row 3: Panel 7, Panel 8, Panel 9

And etc until the story is fully told.

With regard to appearances, what I was thinking of is a bit more like a real sumerian / ancient near east tablet. Men are distinguished by curled beard, women by long curled hair and breasts, postures and events tell the story in sections, writing if present is cuniform. My goal is to tell the story pictorially, I like to leave things a bit vague so that the artist can use their imagination. I would prefer the art to be a bit more serious. I'm willing to accept anime art if its suitably dark in tone, like the old Devilman / Debirumann series was. I don't know how or even if the two would mesh well, because when I think of real sumerian / ancient near east tablets, their art is very symbolic and in some respects formulaic, as well as being exclusively 2 dimensional. I can see 3 dimensional art like what we find in the horror sub-genre of anime working too, Legend of the Overfiend, Devilman, and etc.

Right now my main concern is seeing if anyone is even interested in doing it. The story I want to have drawn is the second story in the 'Tablets Found in Ur' topic in creative writing.

Guest Oldestschool

Alternatively there are some other options I'm fine with.

Angyr Mainyu and Nam-Tar fighting each other.

Nershurshur, Irnak and Ununu.

The golden shedu gate.

The battle between the bane mummy and the igigi. (thats what the 'flying netherworld corpse' is).

The Igigi's UFO.

Lilitu trying to win back Adam's attentions.

Nershurshur judging Comes-From-Depths.

Comes-From-Depths and Glides-from-mountain in battle.

Eve being courted by three Babylonian kings, each offering a gift of some type.

A third story is in the works and should be posted soon.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this