Othikent

Infernal Sorcery?

Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm a big fan of Exalted, and own most of the first ed books but never got into second ed. So my knowledge of Infernal exalted is limited.

Well my question is simple, do the Infernals have there own brand of magic?

thanks in advance.

Not really. Infernals however have a different initiation into Sorcery than non Infernals do. I don't have the book in front of me so I don't remember what it says about Akuma who were initiated into sorcery prior to becoming akuma though. Infernal initiations differ depending on the Yozis you initiate into a circle with. It changes the style of the magic's visuals and can restrict or outright deny the ability to use certain spells depending on what Yozis it is. Conversely you get a discount and sometimes other benefits for using certain spells that resonate with the themes of a particular Yozis, again based on circle initiation.

Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm a big fan of Exalted, and own most of the first ed books but never got into second ed. So my knowledge of Infernal exalted is limited.

Well my question is simple, do the Infernals have there own brand of magic?

thanks in advance.

I also believe that demon summoning works differently to them as well, I'd have to get my book down to check

They use conventional sorcery but with an aesthetic and special effects related to the Yozi they emulate (their sorcery initiation charms are caste based). They also have a particular bonus (for example, the Malfeas sorcery charm adds bonus damage to damaging spells) and a limitation (no Malfean spell can create calm or being peace, including most spells which stun or confuse).

They also have a few spells only they can learn, such as an improved summoning spell, and are generally meant to be very good at sorcery.

However, they suck at necromancy (relatively speaking). Only one of the Yozis teaches it at all, and the charm to do so is.. painful, and can cause them the same problems with respiring essence that abyssals suffer (without the ability to easily drain essence from the living).

Edited by the giant mantis

Which Yozi teaches/allows necromancy?

It's the Ebon Dragon.

Since the Yozis were originally primordials and since necromancy represents the impossible truth that primordials can die, it's pretty perverse for their exalted to be using Necromancy at all. Part of the Ebon Dragon's purpose is finding a way to break rules though, it's why he's the architect of the reclamation and the others are just tagging along for the ride.

As with all infernal charms though, it's not restricted to Fiends (the Exalted of the Ebon Dragon). Any Infernal can learn charms which don't match their patron (so a Fiend could happily learn the aforementioned Malfean sorcery charm if he or she wanted the Malfean special effects and bonus to damage spells).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.