Joslyn

Feedback on a possible character?

K so still waiting on my CtD book to get here I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to make a wraith...I'll post stats after I finish this post :)

I wrote a small story.(maybe a page that took place not long after her death) Yes yes I know my writing sucks :) but bear with me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put in my two weeks tonight but that didnt get me out of tonights cleanup. I think Chris and Eric were mad at me for it as they were ignoring me from the moment I arrived. I guess they were none to happy I was quitting..or maybe they were just mad I hadnt even mentioned it to them.. 6 years of working together I guess maybe I should have brought it up.

This place looks familar...

I brushed past them into the living room we were told most of the cleanup would be in the bathroom and bedroom. But I guess I was a tad on the morbid side of things, I liked to know more about the person or people who once lived after all I was cleaning up the last bit of remants of their physical selfs. It seemed wrong to not know. It was also draining to know though, sometimes she wished she didnt know who they were, that they could just be another nameless face.

Such a happy couple and what a beautiful child...so unfair that the young die so often.

"I heard he killed their baby first...Its sickening..Tell me why you decided to have us do this? I dont want to be here its wrong."

"Its our job. Regardless of the vitcim..and it just seems like the last thing we can do."

I could hear Chris and Eric talking about the job. Chris NEVER complained about a job. I turned the corner into the bedroom where they were my eyes fell on the crib...and a sight i never wanted to see a again. "Chris whats gotten into you?"

Oh my god my baby..not my baby...!

He looked my direction then quickly looked away. "Can we just get this done?"

I sighed, guess he was more mad then I thought. "I guess you guys can take this room I'll start in the bathroom.

The scene in the bathroom was by far worse then what I saw in the bedroom. Blood was splattered everywhere. Cringeing I pulled a second pair of gloves on, better safe then sorry. And started to spray the bleach that would aid in cleaning this horrid mess. I stoped at a handprint on the wall.

Stop please..Dont hurt me. God help me!

I pulled my hand back shocked haveing not realized I had even touched the wall. The scream had seemed so real..so desperate. So sad. This was why i had to quit.Its really starting to get to my head. With a drawn out sigh I set to work. But things got weirder and weirder, I'd turn around and the spot I'd just cleaned would be once again coated in blood.

"God damnit you guys I know you are mad at me put these pranks are just ridculous!"

I stomped out of the room back to where I'd last seem them, they we're there. She searched the house and found them in the living room looking through a photo album. Chris was crying.

I froze,I'd NEVER seen chris cry, not in the 6 years i'd known him.

"Why did he do it she was such a beautiful woman?"

Eric looked down at the album. "I'm not sure man. I hear he still claims he's innocent but maybe if we'd noticed sooner that something was wrong it wouldnt have come to this"

"The bastard is not innocent he killed them both in cold blood. Fuck the bastard deserves to be shot!" He slammed his hand down on the album.

You should have paid more attention....seen what was right there the whole time. Seen how much I loved you..maybe then it wouldnt have come to this.

Why..why did that voice sound like Eric? Wait what I am i thinking? I really must be loosing it now i'm hearing more shit.

"Guys? Maybe we should finish the job and get out of here." I said hesitant to break whatever moment they had.

They didnt even acknowledge me.

"guys this isnt funny anymore, I know you're mad at me but still..at least let me explain myself."

"Come on man lets just clean this mess up..its bad enough I'm going to have to remember her like this..." It was Chris..remember who?

I paused looking down at the album, A womans face smiling up at me holding a little girl who was caught mid laugh. A man had his arm around her shoulder.Under the picture in simple writing was a date. August 22 1998. Roy,Cecila and Megan(8months) Megans first summer!

I stepped back in shock as the realization finally hit my own name stiring the memories...This is my home..Why...why did he do it? I crumpled to the floor in tears and thats where I sat for hours as my friends cleaned the place around me. Waiting and hoping to wake up from this nightmare. I never did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways I took liberties here and there with reality..cause I honestly KNOW nothing about this field of work etc. and pssh I figure I can MAKE UP a whole job if i damn well please :) In life she was happily married, had a baby girl whom she loved dearly, and worked cleaning up crime scenes. And by clean up I mean, they were the people that came in once the police okayed it and washed all the blood and gore away NOT the bodies, in fact she's never seen a dead body. (Again not sure a job like this exists but If it doesnt I made it up LOL) She had an odd habit of learning about the victims, mostly cause she always felt that it seemed sad that the last people to see the last bits of them would always remember that and nothing else about them. So she'd sneak peeks through their belongings and pictures. It got to her though. And near the end of her time she was done with the work and could no longer see the aftermath of human nature. She had a dream of going to medical school, so she could instead of cleaning up the aftermath, actually be of help to people..She wanted to save lives. But time made it hard to do so. Between work and a being a parent she never did find the time for school. Self study maybe now and then, but it never does matter how many books you read unless you actually go to schoool.

Her two coworkers Eric and Chris were some of the best friends she could ask for, She never knew Eric was in love with her. She never thought that her not noticing it would cause her and her childs death and the imprisonment of her husband. Eric crept in late one night while her husband was at the store, the baby he had long since deemed "a threat to his cause". She was his first victim. He found cecila in the bathroom getting ready for a quick shower. He told her they could be together now that the baby was gone. Not believeing him she had ran past him to the bedroom to see her baby dead. (no details.. I cant even write them and wont..) She bolted out of the room back to the bathroom to confront Eric over what he had done. Rational thought would have been to call the cops..But no...rational thought was long since gone. Somewhere shortly after that, he beat her to death and fled the scene.

Her husband was the one that found her...and for whatever reason the cops chose him as the suspect evidence or not. Clearly he had pissed someone off high up or someone called in a favor up high.

Personality:

She is compassionate which is probably a bad choice for her line of work. And wants nothing more then to be able to help people who cant help themselves. She has a soft spot for children. She does get fed up easily and its not uncommon to find her yelling at someone when she gets frustrated, She appologizes later but at the time it seems quite silly. She is ungoddly stubborn and strong willed. When her mind is set to something she'll find a way...Unless something more important is holding her back. She would never hurt someone on purpose.

She is very cheerful most of the time, unless of course she is frustrated with something or at work. She never FULLY believed in ghosts..afterall if she started believing shit like that her job would be ten tiems more screwed up then it already was.(Who wants to have a ghost watch you clean up your remains?) But she did read the ocassional book on ghosts out of an odd curiousity.

She gets bored easily and her mind wanders off where it ought not be.She loves to learn about peoples lives. She believes strongly that no one should die forgotten, and that the last memory a person haves of someone should not be of their deaths. Which sadly is a hard thing to fight.

The sheet (its incomplete x.x I need help!) Bear in mind for abilites we do NOT do 13/9/5 we do a 27 point pool, however Attributes still follow the 7/5/3 priority rules.

Name: Cecila Forst

Nature/Demeanor: Not sure yet

Life

Death: Murder

Regret:

Attributes:

Strength 2 Charisma 3 Perception 4

Dex 2 Manipulation 2 Intelligence 3

Stamina 3 Appearance 3 Wits 3

Abilities:

Alertness 2

Awareness 1

Brawl 1

Empathy 3

Streetwise 2

Crafts 1

Drive 1

Etiquette 1

Firearms 2

Mediation 2

Computer 1

Enigmas 1

Investigation 2

Law 1

Medicine 2

Occult 1

Science 2

Backgrounds:

Eidoline 2

Haunt 3

Memoriam 2

Relic 1 (Wedding ring)

Passions:

See her husband get out of jail - Love? 3

See Eric die (revenge) 4

Become a doctor- (need an emotion for this impossible one haha) 2

Tell Chris what Eric did (need one for this too) 2

Fetters:

Eric (killer) 4

Roy (husband) 3

The photo album 2

Megans crib 3

Arcanoi:

Any ideas for this would be so great T_T I'm drawing a blank.

OMG i am so sorry for the WALL OF RAMBLING TEXT...forgive me for that x.x

Personality:

She is compassionate which is probably a bad choice for her line of work. And wants nothing more then to be able to help people who cant help themselves. She has a soft spot for children. She does get fed up easily and its not uncommon to find her yelling at someone when she gets frustrated, She appologizes later but at the time it seems quite silly. She is ungoddly stubborn and strong willed. When her mind is set to something she'll find a way...Unless something more important is holding her back. She would never hurt someone on purpose.

She is very cheerful most of the time, unless of course she is frustrated with something or at work. She never FULLY believed in ghosts..afterall if she started believing shit like that her job would be ten tiems more screwed up then it already was.(Who wants to have a ghost watch you clean up your remains?) But she did read the ocassional book on ghosts out of an odd curiousity.

She gets bored easily and her mind wanders off where it ought not be.She loves to learn about peoples lives. She believes strongly that no one should die forgotten, and that the last memory a person haves of someone should not be of their deaths. Which sadly is a hard thing to fight.

Arcanoi:

Any ideas for this would be so great T_T I'm drawing a blank.

I can see the character having been interested in the lives of those she “cleaned up”. However, if she is also compassionate I can’t see her doing the job very long. She has no professional distance. This could lead to some cool story elements. What if she had become emotionally cold to her husband because she was trapped in a sort of silent crisis because she can’t quit her job? What if all this contact with places of death had altered her and made her a sort of medium before she died?

Arcanoi wise: Phantasm allows her to haunt her killer’s dreams. Pandemonium (a very fun power) would allow her to destroy her killer’s sanity. Puppetry could allow her to destroy her killer’s soul outright. Usury could be used to draw off all of her killer’s health levels and by transferring health to wounded mortals she could be a doctor of a different kind.

Edited by Sound of darkness

Pandemonium would be a very appropriate power for this character, IMO. Have crime scene stuff that she and Eric maybe cleaned up together (or maybe from her own murder) keep appearing randomly around Eric, and that's just for starters. Don't underestimate the vengeance power of a good old swarm of bees.

As I once said to my troupe just before an NPC wraith cut loose with Phantasm, "Hey, have you guys seen the end of Poltergeist? Well, if you haven't, you're about to..."

Embody is another good one. Eric keeps seeing her. Everywhere. (of course, by the time anyone else looks, she is gone.) Outrage is also a nice way to get revenge on the Quick - remember the scene in Ghost where Sam finally learns how to affect the physical world and attacks Carl? Being beaten up by something you can't see, touch, or harm would be incredibly scary.

Edited by Random Avenger

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.