Joslyn

The broken winged crane

So I saw this hit shelves(well pdf) today.

Has anyone got it? Is it as good as I hope it will be?

I didnt even know it was being released or I would have been so excited o0

Donor

It is downright awesome.

In particular, the Kimbery Charms (long-awaited) are beautiful, thematic and horrific.

The non-Yozi method of Apotheosis is very well done, and full of a lot of neat oWoD references (as in the entire KoE line-up gets a nod).

The new Charms for SWLiHN and Malfeas are epic.

Also, the Infernal Hearthstones are very much needed (and even more can be found in the Ink Monkeys blog, along with lots of Infernal Charms and more...)

Frankly, Exalted is a thriving pulsating and evolving game-line, in a manner no other game out there seems to match.

Not everyone likes a lot of the changes, but I welcome the infused life and passion to the game.

It is downright awesome.

In particular, the Kimbery Charms (long-awaited) are beautiful, thematic and horrific.

The non-Yozi method of Apotheosis is very well done, and full of a lot of neat oWoD references (as in the entire KoE line-up gets a nod).

The new Charms for SWLiHN and Malfeas are epic.

Also, the Infernal Hearthstones are very much needed (and even more can be found in the Ink Monkeys blog, along with lots of Infernal Charms and more...)

Frankly, Exalted is a thriving pulsating and evolving game-line, in a manner no other game out there seems to match.

Not everyone likes a lot of the changes, but I welcome the infused life and passion to the game.

I read it myself finally the other day.

And it is pretty cool nice to see some new additions and such. I was and still am excited to see kimbery charms, considering I have a fondeness for kimbery haha.

Exalted wont be ending anytime soon huh?

Donor

Nope. In fact, expect the game to reach a full revision within 3 years, by which point, a 3rd edition will be hanging around the corner looking shiny and fancy and smoothed out.

I love the living revisions, it gives the game a pulse. But, by dint of working within the mechanics as defined by 2nd edition, revisions require further complexity. The game is getting very complex, with buttloads of new Charm-techs, keywords and stealth errata (that is errata that is slipped into books stealthily in a side-bar or charm).

Eventually, a 3rd edition will be needed to take the awesomeness that is the revised game, and make it palatable to new players in a smoother, more refined format.

Eventually.

Until then, expect to see Exalted remain one of the most active game-lines on the market.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.