Sign in to follow this  
Thondor

Jack O'Vampire

post-8108-128849677083_thumb.jpg

So I was in a dark alley went something jumped me. Snapped a picture of it, but now I feel a little lightheaded.

Seriously though thought you folks would enjoy the pic. Has anyone else indulged in some RPG inspired pumpkin carving past or present?

(I could have sworn I had registered here once before but the sands of time have ofuscated my memory apparently.)

Its actually the first time I've tried to do 'shading' on a pumkin. Shading is when you remove the skin, but leave the pulpy part (you may need to thin the pumkin a bit from the inside before you start). The skull itself is all shading. Took a while but it was actually fairly easy. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I saw a awesome beholder (D&D) pumkin sculpture somewhere on the net, but can't seem to dig it up.

Curator

Now that's magnificent. Nicely done.

Happy Halloween and Samhain Blessings, everyone - living, dead or somewhere in between.

Get out there and go bump in the night.

There is a carving of Medusa on the gallery here but not seen a beholder yet!

So I have actually done a series of these over the past few years. I'll have to try and dig up the rest. Here is the latest: geist-lantern

This is actually a white pumpkin.

geist-lantern.gif