Sign in to follow this  
Steven Wolph

need some help

soo i stared a game where im letting my players play anything from the main core books, so theres 2 vampire, 1 mage , 1 changeling, and one guys wants to play a promethean... now my problem is how to get the promethean in the group cuz if i remember right doesn't everyone hate promethean's just from looking at them

so if you have any ideas on how i can over come this let me know

Curator
soo i stared a game where im letting my players play anything from the main core books, so theres 2 vampire, 1 mage , 1 changeling, and one guys wants to play a promethean... now my problem is how to get the promethean in the group cuz if i remember right doesn't everyone hate promethean's just from looking at them

so if you have any ideas on how i can over come this let me know

Good luck with that. :) It's called Disquiet, and no, there's no way of stopping it or immunising the others from becoming infected by it.

Far worse than Disquiet, though, is the Wasteland. If the Promethean stays close enough to the group, the very ground where he walks will begin to rot and fall apart, and the effect not only worsens - the radius spreads, covering an area kilometres across. The vampires won't want their havens decaying, nor will the mage thank the Promethean for polluting his Hallow and his precious Mana with Pyros.

Ask him if he would like to play a Sin-Eater instead, or maybe another mage.

hes vary committed on a promethean, see that why i don't like promethean as much, cuz it so hard to play as a group, should i just get rid of the whole Disquiet and wasteland? or what?

Guest SKeLoRiC

I'd say the next step is to discover WHY.

Is it to be DISRUPTIVE?

Definitely disallow it on that basis.

(This is pretty much where we seem to be starting at but I can't imagine such being the goal.)

If it is because he likes the concept of physical transformation or the neatly presented quest/goal you might have something to work with.

Because then there might be some sort of option available.

Donor

People don't hate Prometheans on sight, but they do react negatively to them, more strongly so over time. Having a high Resolve + Composure pool helps, and since both Vampires and Mages get a +1 boost to one or the other of those at character creation, they are likely able to resist the pull.

For instance, Galateads are the subject of lust and possessiveness. The first time a person meets them, they roll Resolve+Composure to resist. If they fail, they feel a slight urge towards the Galatead. Over successive meetings (and successive failures), this becomes stronger, until it's an overpowering obsession.

Likewise, the Wasteland has almost no effect immediately. Over time within the same area, however, it slowly both grows and becomes stronger, with the particular effects depending on the Lineage of the Promethean. So long as the Promethean keeps moving and doesn't use the same safehouse for more than a week at a time, they are relatively safe.

Honestly, please don't run a monster-mash mixed game. Games like those in the nWoD (and especially Promethean) work better if everyone has the same story focus, trials to overcome and sense of comradeship in the face of struggle. Your players won't have as much investment in the story if they just consider themselves puppets with superpowers.

I was going to try and come with some way of getting around the problems of being a Promethean, but I realised something. Let me explain.

Essentially he can't play a Promethean as written as part of the group, for the simple reason that Disquiet would eventually make the story all about the Prommie, and that alone is one reason why Storytellers don't generally run Prometheans in mixed groups - only Prommies in groups of all Prommies, where the Disquiet balances out.

Edited by Libra

well i thanx you all for all that advise everyone, im going to get ride of Wasteland all together, and make it so Disquiet is still there just not so much with the rest of the players, but with everyone else its still there. ill let you know how it goes!

ps im also taking away the vampire burn in sunlight, so they can do things in day time to, what you think?

Guest SKeLoRiC

well i thanx you all for all that advise everyone, im going to get ride of Wasteland all together, and make it so Disquiet is still there just not so much with the rest of the players, but with everyone else its still there. ill let you know how it goes!

ps im also taking away the vampire burn in sunlight, so they can do things in day time to, what you think?

Hm.

I'd not remove it entirely.

Maybe give a day penalty to perception and maybe even limit the disciplines available in the day to only a few, the rest require the sympathetic availability of night to achieve.

He will still likely be pale as a corpse and would attract at least a little attention, maybe should sparkle as well perhaps. LOL.

Hm.

Maybe give a day penalty to perception and maybe even limit the disciplines available in the day to only a few, the rest require the sympathetic availability of night to achieve.

He will still likely be pale as a corpse and would attract at least a little attention, maybe should sparkle as well perhaps. LOL.

thought about it but then he wouldn't do anything till night anyway, and the pale corps thing...you never seen and emo kid have you LOL.

Hm.

thought about it but then he wouldn't do anything till night anyway, and the pale corps thing...you never seen and emo kid have you LOL.

Guest SKeLoRiC

Well, all of them hanging around the pale "Emo Kid" (close cousin to the "Star Wars Kid" perhaps?) might still attract attention.

They do stand out a bit.

Well thats NYC. As for the topic, what sort of vampires, mage, changeling and promethean was planned? Some "lines" might cooperate better than others.