Kuroukaze

Calling all Exalted Storytellers!

Curator

So, my players have a problem with being Exalted, they think small, they think ten, maybe a hundred, men might die by their sword in a massive battle. They think one golem, they think a small town, they think a long campaign or years of training for their army.

I need to put together a movie marathon for them, I need to show them Exalted training, Exalted social combat, Exalted mass combat. I need examples of Exalted doing what they do.

Provide for me your suggestions!

:D

So, my players have a problem with being Exalted, they think small, they think ten, maybe a hundred, men might die by their sword in a massive battle. They think one golem, they think a small town, they think a long campaign or years of training for their army.

I need to put together a movie marathon for them, I need to show them Exalted training, Exalted social combat, Exalted mass combat. I need examples of Exalted doing what they do.

Provide for me your suggestions!

:D

That can be a problem at times its hard to see things on the scale it needs to be.

But for movies:

Troy(the one with brad pitt)- Specifically if you've seen it before the scene where he and his 50 men take the beach. That right there is a great example of an exalt leading a small army can do. There's moderate social combat every now and then if you know what to look for.

Now while IT SUCKED. (there I said it) Clash of the Titans was a beautiful exalted flavored piece. One man taking on Gods. Could not fit the grand scale of exalted more. He even has an artifact XD

Now if you can stand sitting through a series of a show Avatar the last Airbender (the show not the horrid movie) Is a prime example of the dragonblooded in some aspects. I'm sure if you've seen it you'll know what aspects i am talking about.

I promise to come update this..i've seen alot of movies but for some reason I can't think of any others off the top of my head...

Honestly, certain moments with Doctor Who would fit a quirky Eclipse or Twilight Caste Solar well (or their black and green analogues).

Kung Fu Hustle..

It's camp as hell, but as one of the books pointed out it's one of the few movies which really captures how extreme exalted level martial arts can be. Also, the designers seem to have liberally borrowed either from this movie or from the tropes it's playing on, so a lot of the crazy stuff which goes on in the movie can be replicated with Exalted charms. Ask your players to imagine it played utterly straight faced, and it might just be inspiring.

Donor

I could suggest a few examples:

Ninja assassin (no seriously, hear me out), is a primo example of a Night Caste in action, from mortal to Exalt, including some of the most wickedly played fight scenes of one Exalt fucking all up around it. Exaltation happens during his first mission...

More to come when not totally brain-dumbed.

Curator

Neo taking out several hundred Smiths in whichever shitty Matrix sequel it isn't...

edit: This said - can their stats support this? Are these characters genuinely capable of doing these things? Because if not thats the first disconnect to address.

Edited by Von Bredow

300 is another example, Troy, Clash of The Titans, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Prince of Persia T.S.O.T, The 2 Spartacus tv series, Jet Li's Hero

Edited by Rekka No Ryo

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.