zeroninja

The "Where'd you get yer icon?" Thread

Curator

Mine was drawn for me by a very cool former forumite back when the GSF(Gamespy Forums) didn't suck, by the name of Snidely Pookums.

Curator

Self-portrait.

Donor

Lucifer, from Angel Sanctuary

Donor

Commissioned artwork of an evil magus from a forum RPG based on a dead CCG called Magi Nation Duel from an artist for the game. ^.^;

I used the ancient art of Googlefoo.

Donor

My current pic is heavily photomanipulated, with one of Christopher Shy's excellent works as a baseline. I wanted to show my appreciation for both the old mage and the new and I came up with this. It's not bad.

My usual one, I hand-crafted mine from the bones of my defiled victims, quenched with the blood of the innocent. a public domain image of tux, the Penguin. I was learning Linux at the time, so the Cthulhu-Linux connection seemed particularly apt. You can see it at full resolution at DeviantArt.

LOL mine is well me :) I'm weird cause i use my own pic as my avi almost everywhere because It gives me the sense that people know who they are talking to in a way. Um yeah that didnt make sense..and i'm rambling on and on ...so...

Donor

I made mine. Picture of the devil from nodwick.com and an image of fire.

Curator

I made mine. Picture of the devil from nodwick.com and an image of fire.

A man of many talents!

I found mine somewhere at some site with free Avatars. Don't remember where.

It was either here or Ex Libris Noctournis - somebody had these cool images of the Creed symbols. Had all of them, not just the Avenger one, but I didn't steal borrow any of the rest of them.

Donor

Photoshop, it's amazing what you can do with the colorize filter and a layer mask.

Donor

Being obsessed with Technocracy fun and games I love retro-futuristic stuff (a la "The City of Tomorrow!" etc). During my usual internet time wasting I found this pic of a "weed killer" and the ad just cracked me up, it really gave me a feel of man/technology vs mother nature (or Weaver vs. Wyld)...like the guy is literally burning the world with his fancy new burninating machine...so yeah, thus it was born

Pius

I made mine from a photo of myself :)

Donor

Old, OOOOLD photo of me - from the premiere of "The Two Towers", in Gothenburg! Someone, and I've NO idea who, shot it with one of the then very new and fancy mobile phone cameras, and I cropped that picture a wee bit.

Thinking of changing it to one that's only about three years old, though, taken after a lrp :)

Cool to hear everyone's stories!