Nepher

Awakened Assemble!

Donor

For those who don't know me, I present myself: Nepher, Awakened Praefectus (that is, one of the moderator of the Mage: the Awakening subforum).

The goal here is to relaunch the community of player around our beloved game. To check how the community going and to reignite the spark that made this forum magnificent in a distant past.

I would like to know every active forumite, old or new, still interested in participating in this subforum, either to spill ideas, participating in discussion, or creating new exciting projects.

Make a quick presentation, talk about your motivations, launch ideas. Let's make it alive again.

Magic is yours.

Guest SKeLoRiC

I'm the "Anti-Mage", though the Chroniclers Guide has me seriously thinking a Mad Science themed variant where its all Enlightened Science.

So most of my involvement will be filtered through those 8 most perfect pages of the Chroniclers Guide.

Donor

I'm the "Anti-Mage", though the Chroniclers Guide has me seriously thinking a Mad Science themed variant where its all Enlightened Science.

So most of my involvement will be filtered through those 8 most perfect pages of the Chroniclers Guide.

As an old Ascension player, I've always considered Weird Science to be part of Awakened Magic, at least among the Free Council. I didn't read the Chronicler Guide yet, but it seems that this chapter is completely compatible with the standard system. So any material you can provide through this lens is welcome.

I WANT A DEATH RAY!!!

Curator

Major demon and ascension fan here; somewhat a fan of the new lines like awakening too, I'd like to contribute to some projects/stuff.

Donor

I'm still here, and am going to be running three different Mage games (along with an Immortals game and an Inferno game) at GenCon in a couple of weeks.

I've also been busy archiving fan material from RPGnet's Legacy and Creative Thaumaturgy threads into the Mage Wiki. There's quite a bit more there now, if you haven't looked in a while.

As for new ideas... why don't we set up a project to flesh out some of the alternate settings described in Mirrors and Chronicles? Post-apocalyptic and such?

Awakened player here, still newish to the game but willing to lend a hand if needed.

Guest SKeLoRiC

Nepher, we who about to post salute you!!

Command us!

Donor

Sorry, failed my Aethernet spell, had to banish a nasty manifestation,...

Concerning the WODIndex wiki, I have to congratulate you ROM, it's becoming to be quite complete, and quite huge. I might help if given the time. And I recommend any good will on this board to do the same.

The extension of Mirror setting to Mage seems quite extensive in the Chronicler Guide: WOD Revealed and WOD Fantasy, as well as some alternative rules are link obviously the two books. There might be some holes, but I wouldn't know where to start. If someone has a precise idea of what to do, please discuss here, or don't be shy to start a thread.

I also think that people like Skel might enjoy an extended Gifted Science system, with whole set of shiny devices, spells made inventions, sample characters,Legacies,... This apply for other variants (even if most speak of themselves), but Gifted Science looks to my eyes to be the most lacking. Extending the Chronicler Guide might also include new Magical Style (perhaps reworking the old magical styles taking dust in the depth of the forum), and some other things I have to read yet.

I personally would want to see a definitive version of the Tamers Legacies and of the Perfected Metals and Alloys. It's old stuff, I know, but these are pet peeves. These are self contained projects, attainable, who deserve neat PDF version. Just to show that the SnE Mages are not dead. If anyone interested, I think I'll take responsibilities on these ones.

Finally, an extended FAQ might be in order, including Bill Bridges errata, plus some indication on the setting (some people are still blocked by Atlantis).

Share your comments :P

Guest SKeLoRiC

I'm one of those blocked by "Craplantis".

"It Came from Atlantis" has long since ceased to be a trope and has become a stereotype (a rather dismal stereotype even) as far as I am concerned.

Plato really needs a law firm to protect his copyright.

Donor

Don't start an Atlantis rant here please.

Perhaps start an 'Ultimate Atlantis Thread', for such thing. If we can convince you that Atlantis is not craps, we can convince the Universe :D

Guest SKeLoRiC

Don't start an Atlantis rant here please.

Perhaps start an 'Ultimate Atlantis Thread', for such thing. If we can convince you that Atlantis is not craps, we can convince the Universe :D

I'm in no hurry to start such a thread/debate.

Heya, people!

I know the name changed quite a bit, but here is Kaworo Naguisa who, due to some crypitic forum quirks, had to make a new account in order to post. I've heard the call, and here I am. I haven't played rpg in general for quite a while due to an pressing AION addiction but i still keep very interested in mage and all the wod setting. I'd love to share a few thoughts once again on this forum, as well as give new life to some old projects.

I've gave a flip over the chronicler's guide and the Mirror book, they seem very interesting. I'm completely in love with some of the ideas exposed on those books, mostly the apocalypitc and fantasy shards and the revamp in the attribute system.

Nice to see that you guys are still alive. ^ ^

Donor

So Kaworu is now known as... LASTDAWN!!! Welcome back. Really glad to see you again (and alive).

Ok, since nothing happen on the board, I'll start with a thread on the Tamers Legacies...

Greetings, my name is Anakon, and well, I used to live here.

I'm a former Praefectus, and my main intention is to focus on what Mage great in the past; I made them in hunted again, at least in my game.

I felt that the noble struggle of the Mage wasn't just that you could wield the power of A ) Reality, or B ) The Supernal, but in the fact that you couldn't really use it. In Ascension, in order to really make a difference to sleepers you had to get vulgar, whereas with Awakening, you further separate the beauty of the Supernal Realm from the disgrace of the Fallen World by widening the Abyss.

In order for Mage: the Awakening to be relevant one must focus on the struggle, not the origin; doesn't matter where you came from if you have no idea where you're heading.

So, for clarification... I'm out to show everyone why Mage is simply the most dynamic and fun game to play in the nWoD, should it be done correctly. The fun is trying to wake everyone up while ducking it from everyone else. :D

Edited by Anakon

Guest SKeLoRiC

Seems like Awakening forums just got real quiet again after that last announcement...

Having difficulty getting that project started?

LOL

I am a serious Awakening/Ascension fan. Looking forward to some interesting discussions with all of you.