Joslyn

Playing Infernals

So hubby FINNALY went and did it XD He bought the book and tricked me into playing Infernals after I very much said I didnt want to. He had me come up with a character for Exalted, told me I could go all out, and that we would decide on the game after the character was made. Anyways I come up with this wonderful image. (I always start with looks, clothing etc first) and then story. And crappp he very carefully played on my lack of knowledge about the infernals and made me think it sounded cool only to turn around and say "lets play" XD

Cheap trick but I love it.

Thing is i'm having the same issue at times I have with abyssal all the time. "being to ebil" and loosing the mortal she used to be. With solars and DB, I have no problem playing a character, coming up with goals etc. But with Infernals, I'm so biased about it its getting in the way. My goals seem forced and dont flow out like they do for solars, and dont seem to fit at times. It feels like i'm playing an NPC. (and not because the st is overbearing, he's giving me complete freedom.) I'm not playing an all out bad guy, in fact the things i'm doing I think are for the greater good. But some things i'm still struggling with. I dont think I made enough of a background for her pre-exaltation. and thats really getting in the way of things, but try as I might to sit down and come up with something I draw a complete blank except for a few minor things.

So my questions is how do I come up with goals that fit, not turn into playing an all out "evil" game where all i do is serve the yozis and thats ALL I do. Things like personal goals beyond what the yozi urge provides etc.

I hope this made sense.

I'm playing an Ebon dragon caste (fiend i think i cant remember the caste name)...the only truly notable thing she's done to date, was trick a local solar(whos was pretending to be a dragon blood sorcerer ) into befriending her and helping her. His goals were not far off from hers and he decided it would be good for them not be well trying to kill each other. Low and behold she fell in love with him(one sided keep this in mind.) and twisted it into a horrid idea since as of late he's started to like her plans less and less. SOMEHOW(Read obscenely lucky die roll) she convinced him to go through with a staged wedding, just for fun and to make others think they were married. And altered the ceremony(led by one of her cultists) so the vows were very specific. The moment the words left his mouth. (unfortunately she went first..which meant the oath was bound both ways something she had not anticipated.) she bound the oath. Leaving him shocked and quite pissed. Out of game her reasoning was that if she could find a way to bind him to her, eventually he'd go along with her plans, and maybe love her. But either way she'd have him.

*giggles* I felt horrible for doing it to.Especially since they were on very friendly terms with each other.

I'm trying to figure out what sorta goals to go after now though. I've been rather dutiful in following my urge and not much else, pretty much everything i've been doing has in someway been tied to helping me achive that overall goal. But does it always have to be like that or can I say, chase after more personal things, and say for the time being "screw my urge"? I'm still confused as to how the infernal system works.

Donor

You can say "screw your Urge". It's like a voice inside your head that's telling you what to do, but you know that it's not really *your* voice, if that makes any sense.

Fiends (and really anyone else with a good smattering of Ebon Dragon Charms) are the best Infernals out of them all to decide to act against their Urge (especially if it's Ophidian), or even the Reclamation all together. Remember that the Excellencies of the Yozis all require you to behave like the Yozi whose Essence your character is harnessing. Now, read up on the nature of the Ebon Dragon. You're betraying him? Good. He should have seen it coming.

I did in fact finally pick up the book. (I'm so damned stubborn its not even funny I was refusing to read the section based on the fact of "I didnt feel like it" or "the st's description was enough" Seriously stubbornness sucks sometimes XD )

But yeah makes sense. I've actually said screw my urge(thats causing problems in its own right but still) and i'm having an easier time now. Something about that urge thing just stuck into my head in such a way it seemed like I HAD to do it or i wasnt playing the game right.

And I laughed so hard about the Ebon dragon should have seen it coming x3 So true.

I came up with a great plan to hide out LOL I'm masquerading as a dragon-blooded now. (My husband having well very quickly leaving after the wedding due to the oath, but unable to kill me due to some sorcery he had used on us both when we were traveling long before the wedding ever was an idea. A modified wedding vow ironically, that bound us from betraying or killing one another..for our own safety since neither of us trusted the other.It was so we could work together without screwing each other over.understandable since I DID take him to malfeas without telling himwhere we were going..I was trying to be nice too thought he'd like seeing it since he pursues knowledge XDD I'd be pissed to.) But yeah. I figure I'll live as a dragon blood for a little while, and just work from there. I dont plan to do it forever just a few years for fun, then maybe considering a different path from there. Maybe figure out whats wrong with the realm, and attempt to right their insanity. (she considers them insane.)

Ya'll have no idea how much I love the ebon dragons charm tree o0 seriously....

I sound incredibly stupid having gone back and read what i just wrote..LOL inner shyness coming up fast!

Donor

I did in fact finally pick up the book. (I'm so damned stubborn its not even funny I was refusing to read the section based on the fact of "I didnt feel like it" or "the st's description was enough" Seriously stubbornness sucks sometimes XD )

But yeah makes sense. I've actually said screw my urge(thats causing problems in its own right but still) and i'm having an easier time now. Something about that urge thing just stuck into my head in such a way it seemed like I HAD to do it or i wasnt playing the game right.

And I laughed so hard about the Ebon dragon should have seen it coming x3 So true.

I came up with a great plan to hide out LOL I'm masquerading as a dragon-blooded now. (My husband having well very quickly leaving after the wedding due to the oath, but unable to kill me due to some sorcery he had used on us both when we were traveling long before the wedding ever was an idea. A modified wedding vow ironically, that bound us from betraying or killing one another..for our own safety since neither of us trusted the other.It was so we could work together without screwing each other over.understandable since I DID take him to malfeas without telling himwhere we were going..I was trying to be nice too thought he'd like seeing it since he pursues knowledge XDD I'd be pissed to.) But yeah. I figure I'll live as a dragon blood for a little while, and just work from there. I dont plan to do it forever just a few years for fun, then maybe considering a different path from there. Maybe figure out whats wrong with the realm, and attempt to right their insanity. (she considers them insane.)

Ya'll have no idea how much I love the ebon dragons charm tree o0 seriously....

I sound incredibly stupid having gone back and read what i just wrote..LOL inner shyness coming up fast!

The Ink Monkey expansions to the ED are also amazing...

As the other guy said, screw the Urge, yu can still perform 'Acts of Villainy' on bad-guys to bleed limit, (or suck up the Torment...)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.