Sign in to follow this  
Vil

A Fun Intro

I really have a blast running Exalted and playing in it when I can. This little blurb was the intro to tonight's game.

Kyrad is a Dragon-King (Anklok) olichilik bonded to Five Days' Darkness. Radiant Amaranth of Mornings Past is the reincarnation of Merela. We have a Zenith in the party by the name of Peregrine, whose player is new to Exalted, and who, sadly, couldn't attend tonight. I'd tell you who the new Night is, but My roommate is making him as I type this, and similar goes for the Twilight Caste. Lastly, there's Raining Tears, an Independent Sidereal, Secrets Caste. Her player was likewise indisposed, as he's serving our country in the armed forces. Anyway, here's the opening post.

The Unconquered Sun:

33 | 07/01/2010 2:46 am

:::The evening had certainly proven to be interesting, to say the least. Radiant Amaranth of Mornings Past had learned some potentially alarming news, and Kyrad had a pleasant surprise that was spoiled by some rather horrific news. This came coupled with the rather cryptic message from Five Days' Darkness. Kyrad can feel his excitement. Calibration is only five days away, after all. Dawn sees the arrival of the rising sun greeted by Radiant Amaranth of Mornings Past, who, after eight solid hours of sleep, is well rested. Today, she knows, the dawn may or may not be the herald of war. Word has spread through town. People have retreated to their homes. Only soldiers walk the streets. The pubs are open, but everyone knows the risk that they take going to them. None the less, there are some walking the streets who are quite clearly not soldiers. One lone, aged sailor, a man who seems continually to be in his drink, staggers past some soldiers and turns onto the main road leading from the temple to the southern gate. His destination, the pub across the street from the hospital, seems to always be busy. The bearded stable hand is nearby the to the temple. Perhaps he's on his way to the pub, or perhaps the savant's interest outweigh his better survival instincts. A westward-blowing breeze caries the smell of the Grey River across the village. Healthy as that breeze is, Kyrad can't help but to think that the Mososk have fed well. If not, then any enemies who approach this day may hope for the tender mercy of Chela's archers. Cathak Yevis stands at the northern gate. The archers are lined up, one row atop the wall, and another row spread out on rooftops of the single-story homes nearest to the wall. Criers spread word across town quickly, one shouting, the next repeating, and so forth. "The coach from Thorns has stopped across the river!" So begins a day in interesting times:::

Edited by Vil

I won't go tossing up an entire log of the full session, but we took care of the rest of the scene, which included a hell of a fight at the end with a nasty piece of Necrotech. All in all, it's got the wheels grinding on what to do when we next pick up game.

The Unconquered Sun:

33 | 07/04/2010 6:05 am

:::The blast was redirected where it impacted with Radiant Amaranth of Mornings Past's shield. That took the bulk of it away from the temple, beyond, however several buildings immediately surrounding them were hit hard by the impact. The wood rotted away and the stone looks as though it had sat there since the First Age, pitted as it is with erosion well ahead of its time. Between Kyrad's next attack and then the finishing touch laid upon it, which broke out the last of what held up its massive weight, the creature collapses in upon itself and the buildings over which it stands. The thunderous crash echoes for miles beyond the village, and the cloud of debris that comes up is such that Kyrad and Amaranth both have a hard time breathing for a few minutes. Meanwhile, the last of the undead are mopped up. What weren't cut down by the soldiers had the dubious fortune of being underneath the war machine when it collapsed. The village of Chela has its battle scars, but it has survived. Soon, Lookshy will be upon them, and much to the chagrin of the Mask of Winters, deliberations will commense. Today has been a day in interesting times, and while far from over, there are also many yet to come:::

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this