CyberWere

Cyberwere powering up

So after 12+ years of not bothering with my art, I once again have picked up the old pencil and eraser. Seeing Josyln's art I think helped spark the idea (thanks jos). I'm a bit rusty but it's coming back to me fairly quickly. Before any of you changeling people start salivating over the thought of glamour slushies at my expense, stop. Don't think of this as my "glamour" is flowing again, it's not.. not by far, not even close, at least not yet..

At the moment, I'm trying to use my art as a way to bring myself out of a deep depression I've been in. Years ago when I was a die hard artist I could spend hours on hours drawing and delving into my own little world's no matter how bad life was at the time and it usually helped keep me from going off the deep end. That's not to say my life is bad now, it's not. Though lately I've been feeling like my life is in a serious rut and that leads to boredom.

When I get bored, I get depressed, then I get mean (trust me, not mean in good way). So to make a long story short.. I'm trying to power up my old batteries again. If it helps bring me out of it then I'll consider an upgrade and switch into full production mode again.

I was going to post some of my old artwork from years past but much to my surprise (or lack thereof) the drivers for my scanner are out of date, after searching around online it seems there are no updates due to the company that made it is now out of business and the drivers I do have for it don't work with XP/Vista. It has become... :growl: Obsolete

What does all of that mean? It looks like I need to buy a new flatbed scanner :snarl:

Anyone that can offer suggestion's on good scanner's to consider that are high quality but won't cost me an arm and a leg is much appreciated.

I cant say much to help scannerwise unfortunately, my scanner is part of my printer is is...old as hell.

I'm really glad that in some way my art sparked you back into drawing :) i look foward to seeing your art I really do.

It'll all come back given time the more you do it too. The reason you are drawing is a really good one its such a therapeutic thing to do and does help take care of the bordem.

I dont understand that changeling thing whats it mean exactly? (sorry i have to ask i'm curious)

Donor

Not sure on a good scanner sorry bro, I sneakily use the one at work as my own has the exact same problem as you :)

What kinda art do you do man? Theres a few of us on DeviantArt if your one there, would like to check your work out.

Donor

Good scanners are easy to come by, these days. You can get a perfectly acceptable one for about $80, or a really nice one with maybe some bells and whistles for around $150.

Epson's line: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/Product...y.jsp?oid=-8172 -- I really like Epson's scanners these days. We use them at work in our production department, and they're very good and pleasantly reliable.

Canon's line: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controll...fcategoryid=119 -- Canon's scanners have a good reputation, though I've found that they can be finicky.

HP's line: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...ame=storefronts

Those are three generally well-thought-of companies for scanners. Of them all, if you're looking for a high-quality budget scanner under $100, my recommendation would be for the Epson Perfection V30. It's even a bit cheaper than list price (which is $80) on Amazon.com.

Thanks for the suggestions Annael I'll definitely look into them. I've managed to get some of my old art scanned through the use of a relatives scanner this past weekend and I've been cleaning it up here and there. I still have alot more to scan though but that can wait.

I don't have a deviant account and I'm not sure I want one just yet but I will be looking into either getting my own website or some other file hosting service to link a few here. So we shall see.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.