!mpact

Wacom Bring Your Vision To Life Contest

Donor

In case you guys didn't know about it yet, Deviantart.com and WACOM (premium makers of graphic tablets) are hosting a contest over at Deviantart.com ( link to contest is here: http://news.deviantart.com/article/76573/ )

The topic is Good vs Evil, and I intend on popping out my contribution closer to the end-date.

Judges will be picking their favourites, but there is also chance for those who retrieve alot of favouriting (deviantart system) on their work between 12:00:00 AM (PT) May 29, 2009 and 11:59:59 PM (PT) June 4, 2009 (4th of june, coincidentally, being my birthday, so I'm expecting people to favourite my work! ;) )

For any and all of you who intend on joining this competition to let us all know through this tpic? makes it easier to find you and favourite your work!

Prices you wonder?

how about a first price winning of a 1000 (one thousand) cool dollars on an american express card? Plus a brand new Wacom Intuos 4 Large? Plus Photoshop _and_ adobe illustrator CS4... and some deviantart stuff like subscriptions, t-shirts etc etc... and thats just for the first price... There are four major pricewinners (1st - 3rd plus community winner) and the semi-finalists win one month subs at deviantart.

It's a good time to try to flex ones muscles :)

best of luck if you're entering. if I hadnt seen previous entries I'd considering joining it myself but my god i dont have a snowballs chance in hell.

lol but wow that tablet is a bigger incentive then the money haha.

Donor
best of luck if you're entering. if I hadnt seen previous entries I'd considering joining it myself but my god i dont have a snowballs chance in hell.

lol but wow that tablet is a bigger incentive then the money haha.

Josly, the entries aren't important... WACOM won't look at how "great" your art is, they are looking at your idea and how well you took the theme of the contest.

50% is interpretation of the theme

25% is originality

25% is skill

you shouldn't feel intimidated, it is a good thing to test ones skills through competitions like this, it is a very good way to improve even if one don't believe one will win. :)

Donor

Must... not... enter. >.<

The results for the written part of my national competitive exam will be out on May 28 or 29... and in the meantime, since there are 9 chances out of 10 that I did well enough to head for the oral part in July, I don't want to take the risk of not preparing for the additional exams.

So no drawing for me. :(

But that tablet is indeed an even better incentive! ^_^

Donor

Donor

Just a little heads-up that the favouring of pieces (that are accounted for) are from tomorrow (19th) till the 28th of may. I would love to see any other SnE entries to this competition.

Donor

!!!!!!!!

I got chosen, by the judges (that is, professionals and WACOM people) to be amongst the 50 semi-finalists....

I'm speechless..really... someone counted the entries...and they stopped at 8400..

It's just..weird... now to do some voodoo and win the thing!

http://news.deviantart.com/article/81431/

Above, list of semifinalists..

Procurator

Yay !mpact!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.