Theseus

Would anyone be interested...?

Hey there! Been away from the forums for... well I think for a week or week in a half. Work's been a bit hectic, but it's calming down now. I've been re-reading Promethean in the meantime due to some threads I found in this forum, and I'm working up the willpower to start a fan-made comic set in the Promethean-verse.

That said, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing in a Promethean game somewhere on the internet? I have a chronicle I've been wanting to play, a short little one, and I've been looking for players for it. But I can't seem to find anyone in San Francisco who wants to play, so I thought I'd take it to the forums.

Is anyone interested in playing a forum-based Promethean game? More details will soon follow if I have some folks who are interested.

what would the weekly time commitment be? color me... interested... as a humanist and a fan of Wraith, promethean's end goal fascinates me.

what would the weekly time commitment be? color me... interested... as a humanist and a fan of Wraith, promethean's end goal fascinates me.

I agree, the end goal of Promethean is very exciting and a bit emotional, I think. I've only done it once with a character.

As far as time commitment is concerned, since it's a forum based game, it's really up to the players. I've run a few forum based games in the past and I usually go as fast as the players themselves, and I only require one post per week per player, but when it comes to conversations, combat, etc. things tend to speed up.

But that leads me to combat in Promethean. I've always enjoyed it more when it's role-played out instead of roll-played out. But to each his own in this manner, so I'll have to find a good dice-roller unless I don't use rpol.net.

Er, sorry for the ramble.

Procurator

I'll play!

Wee so thats one, maybe two, people. A few more and we might have a throng :)

I'll post additional information over the weekend, does that sound cool?

:)

Wee so thats one, maybe two, people. A few more and we might have a throng :)

I'll post additional information over the weekend, does that sound cool?

:)

I might be interested, but it depends on what I think once I hear more information about it. I'd like to see where and how you were going to be going about it, too.

I might be mighty interested as well. I haven't had an opportunity to play Promethean before, but it's a game I've wanted to play for quite some time.

Alright, it sounds like a couple of people are interested. Here's some more information on the game:

The chronicle is called Roman Noir and it takes place in the North West, specifically, Emeryville which is just south of Berkley, in the Bay Area. No prior knowledge to the location is needed to play. Mainly because I'm...fudging some of the details of the location to suit the game. It'll be played over at www.rpol.net. They have a cool built-in dice roller, which is pretty handy.

I really like the end goal of Promethean. The idea of obtaining a soul (and the imagery it evokes in my head) is pretty amazing. In an ideal world, Roman Noir would just be one small part in the Throng's history as they adventure together throughout the continent in search for the definition of what it means to be human, and finally obtaining their Soul. But for now, we'll start out with a small little chronicle.

The pace for on-line gaming varies from person to person and game to game. I will require at least two posts a week, especially mid-conversation and action. My speed is however quick the players move. Character creation rules mimic those found in the official book, and please no children Promethean.

This chronicle is a bit short, but I hope those of you who play will find it enjoyable. You can PM me your character concepts whenever you wish. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them here, or to PM me.

:D