Rate your thoughts  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your thoughts

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Procurator

Sex in the City

Vampires can now get it up and enjoy a good session of slap and tickle. But why? Why the turn from the cold dead corpse outlook? Do you think they should? I do. Hell, I did it in the last game as well.

Personally, I think more people will like the game this way, as it incorporates the more sensual side (as much as it can, that is) into the game itself which seems to have a much more sensual side to it, even if this particular aspect of roleplay isn't ... well roleplayed.

Tell us why you like or dislike this rule, and why. Do you believe vampires shouldn't be able to do any such thing?

It really depends on the situation and the group. I had a player get totaly sidetracked from the storyline because he just wanted to have his character get laid over and over. Yet, in another game, a player used sex as an assassination method. And yet in another game a character had sex and it was simply a side note really (and a demn funny stamina roll!)

Donor

In my games Vampires could have sex even enjoy it but like every aspect of their life- Its importence and extasy paled befor the power of fresh blood. Actually I'm torn. It is, as Rob Justice sayd, one of the areas were sensual Vampires could really shine. But it is also an act of Life and creation which contrast the nature of vampiric curse- Death and statis. In the new game I think I'm going to allow sexual encounters but describe it as a horrobly boaring physical encounter devoid of any emoition save for disgust. (like my perents in bed!) (:

Donor

Imho is a good thing because it allows a vampire for more relation with humans. The Masquerade benefits from this, I think, since luxury, love or a mx of both attracts the Kindred, who is more interested in keeping contact with humans.

It's really a downside effect if players are only interested in getting laid, that's true.

Sexual and sensual ties are better left open to players, though, since they are another aspect that time will shred away from the Kindred: losing it a bit by bit is better than losing it in one moment.

A question: will WW introduce dhampirs?

And you think about the possibility?

I think they made sense in VtM, but VtR doesn't need them.

In VtM they were a sign of the end times. Without end times I don't see for dhampirs areal purpose in the game.

Do you believe vampires shouldn't be able to do any such thing? 

I believe any ST out there, along with Joss Whedon, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Stan Lee and whoever else wants to take a crack at it be allowed to take any artistic license they choose in portraying a fictional creature that is in the public domain.

I also think that those people who get their panties in a twist when they see a vampire portrayal violate their personal vampire “formula” should pull that stake out of their ass and realize that a creature like a vampire is no different than a robot, a ghost, or alien. You can make them sinister, scary, horrific, sexy, seductive, alluring and sympathetic. It just takes a true master to make a portrayal that can incorporate all of them and still manage a way for the audience to identify with it.

So yeah, sex can be in the equation.

Donor

You're just saying that because you like sex! tongue2.gif

But seriously, that aspect of the new game I liked using in the old game. Hell they even answered questions about vampiric ejaculation and lubrification in one of the books. So yeah. Plus sex always seemed to be an important aspect for a few of my characters (I dunnot completely why, but it fit the role).

Also Izhim, if you want your question answered in full, why not open a new topic?

Donor

Given that it gets away from the boring, cold emotionless vampires from the old game, I'm all for it.

I think, like the concept of the Daeva, any sort of emotion or affection displayed, intimate or not, by a vampire should be rather tragic, and two-dimensional. The Vampire cannot experience new feelings, it bases its experience on what it has already experienced, so sex, to be blunt, wuld be not very satisfied and would most likely be either as a tool, or, like the Daeva, a thin-veiled facade of wanting to feel that feeling you once felt, weakening as you degenerate, until you don't have that feeling anymore.

Donor
I think, like the concept of the Daeva, any sort of emotion or affection displayed, intimate or not, by a vampire should be rather tragic, and two-dimensional. The Vampire cannot experience new feelings, it bases its experience on what it has already experienced, so sex, to be blunt, wuld be not very satisfied and would most likely be either as a tool, or, like the Daeva, a thin-veiled facade of wanting to feel that feeling you once felt, weakening as you degenerate, until you don't have that feeling anymore.

This is where I am on the topic and if I ever played Vampire Deava and Mehket are my choices. Anyway as Micheal has said sex for Vampires is possible but painfully empty because all Vampires can't feel real emotions, just pale analogue on their past and to me that is real "personal horror".

Donor

>>This is where I am on the topic and if I ever played Vampire Deava and Mehket are my choices. Anyway as Micheal has said sex for Vampires is possible but painfully empty because all Vampires can't feel real emotions, just pale analogue on their past and to me that is real "personal horror". <<

Does it actualy say that somewhere in the books?

Donor
>>This is where I am on the topic and if I ever played Vampire Deava and Mehket are my choices. Anyway as Micheal has said sex for Vampires is possible but painfully empty because all Vampires can't feel real emotions, just pale analogue on their past and to me that is real "personal horror". <<

Does it actualy say that somewhere in the books?

Yes, in a quick read through mind pp. 156-57 Under the paragragh "Comtenplating Life" combined with p. 104 the Daeva description pay close attention to the first 2 paragraphs and then you will see what the discussion is about icon1.gif

Both references pertain to VtR.

Donor

P 156 seemed to just be talking about physical responses (as opposed to the change in emotions), while P 104 seems to only be refering to the Daeva, and actualy seems to contrast how emotoinaly dead inside this clan is to the rest of the Kindred.

Donor

You misunderstand I was trying to point out in a quick way that all Vampires are completely capable of having sex but the Daeva point out that it is nothing to them(Kindred) better than most because the Daeva are the most likely by far to have sex. I could find more evidence but is late and I am tired.

Donor
I think it enhances the game myself. Entertainment often has elements of sensuality/sexuality as well as drama, violence and comdey and the best stories usually contain a bit of everything. Now while VtM had some themes of sex, as in Vampires not taking any physical pleasure from it I though it limited the potential a Vampire could have if it came into play more. Oh sure blood is number 1 but sex could be seen as foreplay for it and so much more.

Donor

That is what I was trying to point out..... icon1.gif

I've always ignored the "can't have sex" rule in VtM, and I'm glad it's one of the casualties of the rewrite to VtR. Sure, sex no longer serves its intended purpose (offspring) but vampires should still be able to engage in it at their pleasure, especially as a method of feeding.

Gives a nice spin on the phrase "love bites."

Donor
A question: will WW introduce dhampirs?

And you think about the possibility?

I think they made sense in VtM, but VtR doesn't need them.

In VtM they were a sign of the end times. Without end times I don't see for dhampirs areal purpose in the game.

I agree that dhampirs are unnessesery in VtR but I dont belive that meatplot is the reason. Dhampirs and Thin blooded were used as a low level vampire and as a creature closer to humanety. I Allways found VtM's 25 years of vampiric experince as a wierd roll that pushes for detachment from the human-world. Thats why I loved to play the "low" vampires. VtR does'nt need it, Its vampires are closer to humanety in more then one way (eg: sex, zero V exp...). They dont need linking like thin blooded of half-Vampires.

That being said, The nWOD pushes for wierdness and supernatural. I'd throw in Linkings if its good for the story. The setting allows me to call the shots without fearing later supplementals. I must admit that contary to my starting agenda the posts reguarding V-sex changed my mind. Perhaps I'll adopt a less strict position reguarding the emotional merit of sexsual intercourse....

I think vamps should be able to have sex....I mean if your "alive" per say,then why shouldn't you be able to indulge in life's pleasures?

Procurator

Personally, I think the term 'Ready and willing' applies best.

!

:P

If you don't use any degree of sex in your game you miss out on probably half the feeding oportunities a character can feed from. (I'm not talking about 'graphic' scenes but seduction and its many forms). You can't run around your entire unlife jacking low lifes or mugging people for their blood, eventually your humanity will catch up to you or someone will see you. Then you're in big trouble.

good point...seduction does play a key role in feeding and humanity...I really wouldn't of thought of that...smart thinking!

I agree with one of the earlier posters. I like the idea of a Vampire trying to have sex in a desperate attempt to rekindle real emotion. Trying, and being unable to find true satiation.

I like it that blood is the only true pleasure a Vampire can have, that all else pales before it. It enforces their monstrosity.

That being said, seduction is useful. And a good story could involve a Vampire trying to find some redemption in a lover's arms. I just have an absolute love of tragedy, that's all.

Either way, sex needs to be a part of the game. How you choose to approach it depends on the themes you want to develop.

Procurator

It does help with feeding for sure. Even sensuality itself does (and did, even in the old game). Seduction and it's mistresses are a very useful thing in game (and we're not just talking from the woman's side here) because as Pigsticker Bill has said, it's only a matter of time until you get seen, you catch a disease, or worse, the bums gang-bang ya. Not an inviting thought, is it? Well, that or cook your ass rotisserie style over one of them barrels.

But, your Humanity comes into seduction this time around doesn't it? Your dice pool for social interaction is limited by your Humanity, so if you aren't up to calling that juicy backside a slim size 6, you might have a problem.

One of my players is using sex all the time. Feeding, punishing his ghouls, blood-bonding tactic...

I guess that depends on the way the palyer handle it. Mine they are kids(around 21 years old) and they tend to like it in game.