Eldagusto

Rare Books of the White-Wolf

Ooh I almost got Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom but I got Ninjaed at the last minute, and I missed getting Times of Thinblood an noone bid on it!

But I have been lucky getting rare books, and I find often it is easier to get whole collections just to get a few rare finds that would be about as expensive on their own. But I noticed that Players Guide to the High Clans is so rare I don't even see it being sold... like ever!

At least with other legendary rare finds like Players Guide to the Changing Breeds, or Dark Age Fae I see them sold often, if at a high price. But High Clans is always absent.

Also I was lucky finding the limited edition for Aeon (in good shape except one page has a water stain in the corner). But I can never find the Cores for Aberrant or Adventure! Did Adventure only get a Core?

Also I am happy I think I have a complete Werewolf the Wild West Collection. I think they should of Named it the Wyld West. But I can never find solid copies of the Novels that crossed over with Deadlands (I never got the Deadlands Series but it very much looks like a game I would love).

While you're on the topic...

Has anyone here got, or even seen, a copy of Blood Nativity? I never even heard of this one until a few months back - it was a 16-page introductory Vampire scenario published by Atlas Games back in '91. I know that they licensed the WoD to non-English companies and got a few odd books that way, and the SJGames got a hold, but I'd not been aware that anyone else had gotten involved. Especially so early on.

Curator

I might be able to help with Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom come to think about it. Depends where you live though, postage might be prohibitive.

Donor

I managed to snag a copy of the Players Guide to High Clans off Amazon a while back for $50 or so. It was a pretty lucky find because it is, as you said, never sold. I once saw DA: Fae being sold on Amazon for $60, but said, "Nah, not right now..."

I'm still kicking myself for that one...

Using my local Half Price Books stores, Amazon, Ebay, Half.com, and a smattering of other sites discovered by searching for books on bestwebbuys.com I was able to complete:

VtM - except for Encyclopedia Vampirica

KotE

Hunter: the Reckoning

Dark Ages - except for DA:Fae

WoD core books

These are all the final versions of each line with the non-updated books from the earlier versions. I also have most of Trinity(sci-fi), most of Wraith, and a good stack of Werewolf books. I also have a first edition Changeling core book, A first edition Mage core with a few of the later edition or bundled supplements, and the Demon core plus ST companion and Fear to Tread.

I like to think I got pretty good deals on most of them, and with few exceptions they are all in pretty good condition.

Atlas Games' web site links to a site where you can, apparently, purchase Blood Nativity still for about $5US. Don't know anything about the site, however. Edit: I suppose if I had clicked on your link I would have seen that you already discovered this, lol...:blush

Donor

Deadlands would interest you Eldagusto, I would love to get DA Fae and any and all of the books of DA Mage if possible....maybe even Inquististor given I keep hearing good things about it. (I am not Bloodlore in disguise).:)

Blood Nativity wow.. I'd all but forgotten about that, I recall seeing that long ago when there was a game shop on the top deck of the shopping centre in town. An odd looking thing it was indeed, sealed and glanced at by many but seemed to always dwell in the VtM books.. unloved and unsold till the store relocated to its own premises, after that it vanished and faded from my memory.

Other rare books, at least for me in my neck of the woods Kithbook Pooka, Victorian Age Vampire, Dead Magic II, Shadow Court, Book of Houses II. I've never seen them but seen them, on the most part, join others like Land of Eight Million Dreams & Dark Ages Fae as huge ticket items on ebay. hurumph.

Donor
Other rare books, at least for me in my neck of the woods Kithbook Pooka, Victorian Age Vampire, Dead Magic II, Shadow Court, Book of Houses II. I've never seen them but seen them, on the most part, join others like Land of Eight Million Dreams & Dark Ages Fae as huge ticket items on ebay. hurumph.

I haven't looked much for the Changeling books, but I sympathize for the Victorian Age Vampire books. I had tried to get those for months before I lucked out and got all three in one lot for a pretty reasonable price. Usually I was outbid at the last moment by someone up until then...

At one point I had given up on getting a bound copy of Players Guide to High Clans and bought it on drviethrurpg, then found a copy of that book on Amazon for $50 or so.

I advise being persistent and peek at as many sites as possible.

Donor

In a small box underneath nWoD stuff at my local (my only) game store was a whole bunch of old DA stuff. The guy looked at me weird when I took the whole box up and said "I'll take the lot"

I got:

Dark Ages: Vampire

Guide to the High Clans

Guide to the Low Clans

Dark Ages: Werewolf

Dark Ages: Mage

Dark Ages: Fae

Dark Ages: Inquisitor

It cost me 200 bucks (NZD) which in USD is about $140/$160.

Umm what else?...

I got Right of Princes, Spoils of War and Devils Due in a good deal too, almost finishing my DA collection. Grimoire for DA:Mage likewise.

Sorcerer Revised took me a while to find, but got it at a decent price eventually.

The Black Labyrinth was fairly obscure but found it. Also recently got W:tA collectors edition (the silver paged one with the art book) for 30 bucks heheh, that was a good score. Guide to the Changing Breeds though...Grrrrr I cant find a copy under 60 bucks, which by the time ive shipped it here from the States is gunna be like a hundred bucks.

I want Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom too damnit...

Blood Nativity You're in luck if you're looking for it and are willing to pay around 10 bucks for it. Never was able to get my hands on it myself though the scenario is a fairly typical one I think.

I've had a lot of trouble in my time tracking down hard to find books. The only big holes in my collection are Kithbook Pooka for Changeling and Risen for Wraith. I have been able to get my hands on a considerable amount of rare books at dear cost of life and limb. The worst one to get I think was Clanbook Salubri for Dark Ages, although Specters for Wraith and Land of Eight Million Dreams were tough finds as well. I think the luckiest find I ever had was Player's Guide to the Changing Breeds which I picked up for cover price a few years back, you hardly ever see it online and when you do the price is jacked up wicked high.

Donor
I've had a lot of trouble in my time tracking down hard to find books. The only big holes in my collection are Kithbook Pooka for Changeling and Risen for Wraith. I have been able to get my hands on a considerable amount of rare books at dear cost of life and limb. The worst one to get I think was Clanbook Salubri for Dark Ages, although Specters for Wraith and Land of Eight Million Dreams were tough finds as well. I think the luckiest find I ever had was Player's Guide to the Changing Breeds which I picked up for cover price a few years back, you hardly ever see it online and when you do the price is jacked up wicked high.

LostSoul posted a link in the Wraith forum to an Ebay seller selling some Wraith books. One of them is Risen, if you're still looking.

Edit: And here's the link to LostSoul's post.

In a small box underneath nWoD stuff at my local (my only) game store was a whole bunch of old DA stuff. The guy looked at me weird when I took the whole box up and said "I'll take the lot"

I got:

Dark Ages: Vampire

Guide to the High Clans

Guide to the Low Clans

Dark Ages: Werewolf

Dark Ages: Mage

Dark Ages: Fae

Dark Ages: Inquisitor

It cost me 200 bucks (NZD) which in USD is about $140/$160.

Umm what else?...

I got Right of Princes, Spoils of War and Devils Due in a good deal too, almost finishing my DA collection. Grimoire for DA:Mage likewise.

Sorcerer Revised took me a while to find, but got it at a decent price eventually.

The Black Labyrinth was fairly obscure but found it. Also recently got W:tA collectors edition (the silver paged one with the art book) for 30 bucks heheh, that was a good score. Guide to the Changing Breeds though...Grrrrr I cant find a copy under 60 bucks, which by the time ive shipped it here from the States is gunna be like a hundred bucks.

I want Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom too damnit...

Damn, da:fae often sells for that much alone.

I'm still trying to find an affordable copy of da:fae

Donor
Damn, da:fae often sells for that much alone.

I'm still trying to find an affordable copy of da:fae

Really? Shit...I had no idea, but then again I guess I havnt been searching for it online due to that lucky haul.

Guide to the Changing Breeds is pissing me off though...ive got to find a cheap copy somewhere...

Man I almost got the Entire Changeling Collection in one fell swoop, but I didn't have the nerve to bid more then 200 hundred. They even had two copies of Land of Eight Million Dreams and a copy of Inanimae and Shadow Court. Would of been a sweet score, but I knew their must of been sharks waiting for it because only two people were bidding. And loot like this has a bunch of people bid in the last twenty seconds.

Procurator

I once found a shiny new copy of Risen at work. I stashed it in a drawer until my shift ended, and ended up getting it for a grand total of $6! Strangely, The Risen has been one of the easier Wraith books to find. I had 9 copies at one point...

I've also managed to find a few copies of Dreams and Nightmares for $6. Near Mint, too.
I love my Luck merit.

Curator

I'll point out again

I have a copy of Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom (last I looked anyway) and don't particularly want it.

there's a book store nearby that has a copy of the Great White Book and KotEbony Kingdom. I need to get around to picking these up.

I too have an extra copy of the Risen, and the Shadow Players Guide to boot.

Theres a book store here that has pretty much anything you could want. I could be persuaded to check it out and see whats what

Do Vamp 2nd ed books sell on flea bay still?

I don't look at them much now and need the space badly so I could be tempted.

Donor

They do but they go for fuck all (generally).

Procurator

Is Dark Ages: British Isles hard to find? I just found a copy for $9.

Donor
Is Dark Ages: British Isles hard to find? I just found a copy for $9.

From what I could find with a pretty quick search that's not a bad price, depending on your shipping charges. It seems to average around the $12-$15 range before shipping.

Donor

Monde de Tenebres: France isn't that easy to come by. It had a limited print run and it's in french, so...

Procurator

I bought DA: British Isles at my FLGS, so I only had to pay sales tax. I also got all the Road books, Spoils of War, Inquistor's Companion, and I totally forgot about Dark Ages: Europe!

If I'd had more money, I could've bought the rest of the books there...
Is the first edition Vampire Player's Guide useful?

Donor

When I started getting VtM books, I actually ended up beginning with the first edition at my local used book store and expensively upgrading through the additions as I slowly discovered them. I wasn't too bright doing it that way...

I didn't linger on the earlier editions enough, however, to develop an especially strong bond over the most recent versions. I don't recall the first edition player's guide to be especially necessary, although I do keep a second edition guide along with my revised edition one. Not sure why, at the moment, but I had a reason for that decision when I put it on my shelf.

Who am I to contradict myself, anyway?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.