MariaSunderland

Running Up That Road

Runningup.png

I just had the players of the Werewolf the Forsaken game I participate into go through a 3 games chronicle where I was the storyteller. I sent them in an alternate world where everything went to hell.... literally. Years ago (be it decades, centuries, even millennia’s) Bale Hounds (allied with other malignant forces) managed the unthinkable: they had the spirit world fuse with the real world for 33 minutes and 22 seconds. It was enough to cause chaos among any living creatures, especially humans. The attack was seen, to the eyes of sleepers, as some sort of terrorist attack. A war broke out... and ended in four days. By then the world was desolate: .... as said in The Dark Tower, "the world moved on". 80% of the general population could not procreate anymore, and the human race (or other creatures) were slowly disappearing from the surface of the planet. The sun took on a green shade and the moon turned blood red to indicate how tainted and rotten the world had become.

Things never came back to what they were. Some tried to help but lost their minds over it... namely the Luna's Avatars (the pack from our old characters), who created what they called "The Levels", which would be a refuge for anyone who needed it. By creating The Levels, each situated in a city, they also built a general wall which cut off the west to the east, where the land was poisoned. It prevented anyone from crossing into the poisoned land of the east, and anything from the east to cross over to the west. Only madness began taking them one after the other because of the heavy promethean (a lot of them nuclear and waiting at the edge of the west side by the walls) influence known as the disquiet.

Killy (the boy) was sent to that world a year ago, thanks to Nathan, his mentor, who sold him over information on Bale Hounds (but expecting Killy to be strong enough to come back from that world on his own, which he did...). He found himself in Level 3, whose Caretakers were Alice (one of my character) and Damien. Their minds gone, Level 3 became a torture factory. Killy and Adrian Brooks (the man in the piece) escaped it and destroyed it with a group of rebels they managed to gather. Without going too much into details, when Killy came back to our world, he suffered enough trauma that overtime his erratic actions made him go toward the Bale Hounds (which he betrayed later on...).

Now comes in my players, a year later (to Killy, but really many years later in that world) and find themselves trapped in Level 6 (New York) which has also turned into a horrifying grinding, torture factory, this one led by Eric Hood and Mike Ironside (two old characters as well). Mike's madness came from overly vivid dreams of his murder in our world (Killy killed him, his old packmate, in cold blood with a silver dagger), and so he set out to kill and torture anyone who could be responsible for his death. Eric, having lost Alice and his child, Mikayla, to the rebels' attack on Level 3, is set on trying to bring his wife ad daughter back to life by any means necessary.

It was a fun and disturbing chronicle XD Especially since, technically, that world was created by Killy's deranged mind. Which is basically what I'm trying to represent here. Adrian is aware of how rotten his mind had come to be, and I guess he's trying to soothe the mad child inside him. I like the sign on the side: Garbage Disposal. Anyone who knows me is aware that the garbage disposal is not necessarily for garbage... especially with all the blood around it. It would most likely be the type of device that crushed people alive.

Anyways, enough with the novel!

P.S. I know I don't draw a lot of Garuu's or other creatures... In all honesty I'm not too good at drawing other creatures then humans -____-;

Donor
P.S. I know I don't draw a lot of Garuu's or other creatures... In all honesty I'm not too good at drawing other creatures then humans -____-;

I like your humans just fine. The Garou (it's works as singular and plural) you have drawn are so much better than anything I could draw anyway :)

This piece has so much atmosphere in it, I love it. Great background details on the piece too. I love post apocalyptic world settings.

Donor

Wow. Just... wow. And the backstory was pretty interesting to read as well. I like how you rendered that post-apocalyptic feeling in your picture; it really seems like a totally desperate world.

(And I too thought of that 'garbage disposal' thing in both ways. Ah, the odd ways a ST thinks...)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.