Sign in to follow this  
World_Dancer

Bloodlines: Patch Plus

Not too many computer game fans seem to drop by, but I thought I'd put up this note for anyone who doesn't frequent other Bloodlines forums.

There is new material up to a version 5.4 patch available for the game as of June 2008. The new patch comes in a basic version that simply fixes bugs and adds some additional character motions and a "plus" version that adds a few new, very short quests that were found in the original coding or which were not previously presented as quests. The downsides of the plus is that it moves around items, so if you previously thought you knew where the power boosts were, be prepared to have to readjust. It also adds the "Blood Heal" discipline at the expense of a slower overall heal time and lowers the difficulty on some of the lockpicking and hacking at the expense of lowering "Blood Buff" from +5 to +2. It does also give you the option of saving Heather, other than telling her to leave you.

And, hey for anyone looking to dust off the old game who hasn't explored the patches, each clan has different character "histories" which give benefits and penalties depending on which ones you select and which can get you into the RPing mood. These histories were originally intended to be part of the game and were recovered through basic patching.

Have fun.

Donor

Cool, loved that game. Only prob was it glitched out at a point and I couldnt play it, and the gfx were lagging, so never finished it. I may have to drag it out again, though my computers a little overkill for it now :)

Do you know if theres any cool mods out for it?

Cool, loved that game. Only prob was it glitched out at a point and I couldnt play it, and the gfx were lagging, so never finished it. I may have to drag it out again, though my computers a little overkill for it now :)

Do you know if theres any cool mods out for it?

Definitely worth pulling it out and dusting it off (which is what I did recently).

There are a few mods as far as skins, and I believe with the new patch there may be a way to play a multiplayer game (I don't have a LAN network, so I can't verify this, but some of the stuff was restored with the patch).

If you Google Vampire: Bloodlines Patch or Vampire: Bloodlines Walthrough it should bring up the major sites still hosting stuff. there was an offcial 1.2 patch which got rid of some of the glitching. Even with the most up to date patch there's a couple of places that still might glitch, but if you reload from the last save, you hopefully won't have this problem.

If you do download the patch with the character histories the game does crash if you look at alot of them in a row (if you flip through 20+ I think). Best strategy for this is to pick a couple clans you're considering and your preferred gender (yes, some of the histories are gender based, which is kind of cool), and just look at the histories for those at the moment.

I've also experienced less graphics lag since the most recent 5.4 patch (I believe I was running a 2.something patch before), but this may also have something to do with having more memory free to process things faster since I last played the game. One recommendation I've seen for fighting lag is to use the -console options to turn off the rain and the auto save and the sky background. (I will say I wouldn't turn off the rain because I find it makes hunting easier). there should be an explanation of these commands on any of the sites with support.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this